You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Amazing!!!!

Nice find! Is there a common list of sites where Newell's are usually advertised.
Judging from the recliner, this coach may be showing some wear...

Mike & Jeannie Ginn
2000 Newell #555 - sold July 2020
2019 Leisure Travel Van FX model

from when i looked at it a few years ago it appeared to be a grease stain on the leather. i know of another coach that had the same thing.....eh steve? i didnt look at it personally, but i did see more pictures and the rest of the chair looked ok.

but you would have to look at it.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

The recliner that came in my coach also had a large grease stain on the back cushion from the owners head & hair. Luckily I only have to watch the oils on my head.

The only way to determine wear is to see the coach in person. Also any of these type of concerns are easily corrected, relatively cheaply. In a 13-14 year old coach I am much more interested in the overall condition & maintenance given to the chassis, engine, trans, water worthiness etc that can REALLY cost you money down the road. One also must consider that some wear & tear is expected when you are looking at a coach that sold originally for around a million dollars and now you want to purchase it in the 170K range. These are strictly my opinions.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

As a newbie, can anyone help me with what the mechanical items are in this picture?
http://www.buscentral.com/images/6304/newell9.jpg
Would I be correct if I guessed most of these items are part of the leveling system?

Mike & Jeannie Ginn

I believe the orange thing is a steering assist mechanism.. If that is what it is they were added after market and many leak. That one appears in good condition.. The black thing on the right is for the slide outs..I forgot what they are called.. Lol

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

It's not amazing it's just crazy!
It seems more than a couple of us were very interested in this coach. I tried numerous times to get in touch with them and had no luck. Why advertise it if you have no intention on selling it? Especially being at a car dealer, you think a salesman would get a pretty good commission if they sell it.
Oh well, I'm happy with mine.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

You're partially right. The orange item is the Howard power steering assist unit. A nice feature that Newell offered as an upgrade in that vintage coach. The black items are the slideout solenoids. The silver aluminum box that is mounted on the rear wall is the HWH leveling system control box.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Great information, thank you!

I sent an email with no response. It is crazy a car dealer is unresponsive...

Mike & Jeannie Ginn

Motor Homes Of Texas just got in a 2000 triple slide. That is about all I know about it. They had it in make ready and maid was inside working on it so did not go inside. They have it posted but not pictured as of yet. Nice looking on outside. Chappell

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

I have been watching that coach online for pics and price... Not yet.

Mike & Jeannie Ginn