You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Questions on all electric coach

I am gathering information on both Newells and Wanderlodges.

I have noticed this one on ebay - "1996 custom built Newell coach. 38 ft. single axle, 470hp. seriies 60 Detroit diesel"

In my work I must tow a class "B" motorhome. I am now towing it with a 40ft Beaver with a 425hp Cat. The Beaver weights only 29,016lbs so with a horsepower to weight ratio of 69lbs it is an easy pull. My question is, how would this ebay Newell tow it?

Also, this is an all electric coach. What would I expect it to be like when dry camping. Again, in my work I sometimes dry camp for months at a time. With a propane refrig and stove, I only have to run the genny for a couple of hours per day.

This ebay coach is the one from Albuquerque that originally was sign wrapped for a real estate company. Anyone have any first hand info on the condition.

Also, maybe Tom could report what he liked and disliked about his sold 38ft.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Mike Stephenson
Lubbock, Tx
1999 Beaver Patriot Thunder
2004 MB Cruiser

My 45 footer weighs about 48k pounds and I tow a truck that weighs 6300#. I can tell its back there but doesn't slow it down much at all. Others pull heavier trailers. That 38' should tow your b easily.
Haven't dry camped with it yet so cant help.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

The owner tows a Tahoe. You would need to add solar and some new Lifeline coach batteries, LED lights, and disconnect the ice maker and defrost .. You should be good to go with minimal generation

Jimmy

I dry camp about 50% of the time. One of the keys to dry camping is good batteries. Your question about how long will you have to run your genset is a little like asking about miles per gallon. Lots of variables. It will depend on what you use and for how long. Therefore I'll just tell you what I do. On inverter I run the lights, refrigerator, 110 air and water pumps, a computer and the entertainment center--tv surround sound dvd etc. If cold I run the AquaHot on diesel, but it does require 12V for the heat exchanger fans. Everything else I run on the genset. To charge the batteries I run the genset 2 hrs in the morning and 2-3 hours at night.

My Newell, with the series 60, has a slightly higher weight to horsepower ratio than my Cummins in another coach. The series 60 is far more responsive and powerful.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

series 60 is great. I wonder what the paint is like after the wrap is removed?

Ernie Ekberg
Bluebird Wanderlodge

Hey Ernie, how is Weatherford?

According to the owner it was removed before he saw it. He reports he can find no evidence of a wrap.

Thanks for all the help guys

Mike Stephenson
Lubbock, Tx
1999 Beaver Patriot Thunder
2004 MB Cruiser

Hi Mike

I remember you from the other site. I would truly love to get some info form you on setting up the g24 for towing since I may want to do that. My email is richardentrekinatgmaildotcom

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )