You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Battery care in storage

if you look at the specs for the schematic i posted you can look the ones i did up and it will tell you. dont know if yours is the same, but easily found out from the part numbers.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Ok I talked with Newell service today and they recommended that I put a battery tender on the house and chassis batteries. One for each set. He said since they are tied together (both chassis together as well as well as both house) that one tender on one of the chassis batteries and one on one of the house should do it. He said just to tell whoever I get the tender from what size batteries I have and how many so I get the correct size tender.

A few of you have recommended sites to buy these at and I have seen some locally here at a hardware shop as well. Not sure my hardware guys will know what size I need though so can any of you comment on this set up as to whether this sounds correct and can you tell me what size tenders I should buy?

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

Todd,
You should refer to the manufacturer recommendation. No matter which brand you go with they should have a web site and/or a tech line that will clarify your exact needs.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531