You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

What is this.?

I've called Newell, and they can't tell me, but I've seen it on other coaches of my vintage. (2003 coach 359) What do these lights indicate?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Looks like a silverleaf unit. Might want to call them.

http://www.silverleafelectronics.com/

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

I'm aware of the silverleaf, it's the group of six indicator lights to the left that stump me and newell. They seems to light up at various intensities and various times.

2003 Coach #659
"The Blue Newell"

to me they appear to be the neon lights for the power.

if you dont have them labeled somewhere else.

two would be for each 110v leg

two more would light in addition to the 110v ones if you were on 220v power

one is on when the generator is running, (so there would be a total of 5 lights on when genny is running, 4 lights on when plugged into 50a shore power and 2 on when plugged into 110v shore power. )

one is if there is a polarity issue (should never be on)

if they are flickering when on, they they are going bad and need to be replaced. i have replaced many of them on both of my newells and they are 3-5 bucks apiece and easy to change.

let me know if i am on track or not.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Tom, where and what type light is it on your old 90? I'm gonna have Len pick up a couple as we had an issue with the generator light being burnt out and the genny not starting due to that?

really hot here today 101 and I feel like I'm melting..

"the desert rat"

2003 Ford F250 SD
2001 Honda Civic
2005 Chrysler Crossfire Roadster LT

i got mine at a couple of places. you can get them at any electronics supply, grainger, etc. i also got some at frys electronics locally.

here is an exact replacement (you can pick the colors)

http://www.newark.com/chicago-miniature-...dp/18M7965

that should not prevent your genny from starting.

i never had any issues with it starting. are you sure the house batteries are charged? the genny starts off of them. if they are not, you can use the merge switch to start the genny. have len give me a call if you want.

tom

Tom, thank you for clarifying the lights purpose. That has been bothering me since the first time i drove the Newell.

2003 Coach #659
"The Blue Newell"

so does what i said match up with what you think is going on with the lights? usually they are labeled as well. it didnt look like they were on your picture. are they labeled?

tom

Yes. In storage I'm on 50 amp, the top 4 lights are on, when running on the genny, i i have 5 on. They are not labeled. Thank you.

2003 Coach #659
"The Blue Newell"