You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Slide motor

I have HWH slides. Been on the road a week. Slides going in & out with no problems. Now in SoCal, I went to put slides out. Salon slide goes out perfectly. Bedroom slide doesn't move. Suzy goes out to listen in the left front basement compartment where the slide solenoids & motor are located. When I tried to deploy the bedroom slide all Suzy could hear was solenoid clicks---the pump motor never started.

A call to Newell advised me that the slide motor had probably quit working. Absolutely no warning of any kind prior. They gave me a few diagnostic checks to verify the cause. When the switch was depressed the battery voltage was going to the motor which should have caused it to start.

Newell advised me to get a 4" motor from parts. I ordered the motor from Chuck who overnighted it to me in SoCal.

My coach had a 3" motor. I was advised to get the 4" motor that is available and is more heavy duty. The 4" motor is much larger, weighs at least twice as much, but did indeed bolt right up. Took about an hour to r & r the slide pump. Hardest part of the install was that it was done "in the blind" as your view is blocked by the solenoids. Slides are now working normally. Slide motor is Newell part #AP 14608.

A few thank you s are in order. Thank you to Tommy Key who assisted me in diagnosing my problem. Thank you to Chuck in parts for getting the motor to me in about 18 hours after I placed the order. Thank You Karl Blade for the fabulous 24hr/7 day a week customer support that you provide to Newell customers.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Steve, I had this same problem with a Foretravel. The motor stopped and the back slide was half way out. I called Mike at MOT and he told me what to check. Turned out it was the motor. So turned off the slide key so bladder would seal and they overnighted a motor to me. Much easier to get to on the Foretravel. So this can happen when it is half in and half out and you are sorta stuck where you are. Chappell

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

steve, is there an HWH part number you could share?

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Tom,
I put the part # & cost in the replacement part section. It is Newell part #AP14608. The cost was $435.04

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Steve I just measured mine and it is 3". It is in a tight spot. On my Fortravel it took about 10 minutes to replace, but this one will take a lot longer. The part is a little expensive to carry a spare, for one reason it might never go out. Thanks for overnight delivery. Is the price of the part including overnight? I seems that my motor was well over $500.00 including del. Chappell

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

steve, i was looking for the hwh part number. not the newell part number.

tom

Tom,
I'll look on the HWH box when I get back to the coach.

Chappell,
Shipping & handling was extra, but well worth the price when a slide is out & won't move.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Tom,
The AP14608 may also be the HWH part number. That number appears on a typed label for a "motor pump HWH 4-room slide out". Handwritten on the box is RAP 90415. I thought HWH redid their numbering system from the RAP numbers to the AP numbers.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

http://www.hwhcorp.com/quickrefpump.pdf

it shows the rap90415 motor

tom

i sent a note to tech support at bucher hydraulics, which bought monarch pump co. to see if they can cross reference the pump and motor to a standard one. they are common for lift gates evidently.

tom