You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

exterior dimension help

hi all, i am interested in knowing the distance that a passenger side bedroom slide STARTS from the rear of the coach.

i am trying to design a new shop and want to know the closest that the slides are to the rear. if those of you with passenger side bedroom slides could measure from the rear of the coach to the beginning of the slide for me i would really appreciate it. i know there will be differences.

thanks

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

hey tom 22 inches

Rolleyes Ashley Pardue Coach 589

Tom, tell us more about the shop you are designing. Where and when do you plan on building.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

Tom. Just use Steve's barn dimensions
It will fit!!!

Jimmy

Tom,
I get 90 inches from the rear of the coach to the sidewall of the bedroom slide

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

Sorry tom I thought slide out distance

Rolleyes Ashley Pardue Coach 589

we are in the process of buying a home outside of surprise in the west valley of phoenix. we have our home in mesa up for sale. (hey, we have a beautiful very large home if someone is looking for one). if you know phoenix, then where we are buying is about 65 miles from where we are now. it is much closer to our grandkids.

so darlene has given me the go ahead to start the process to plan a shop.

if i can pull it off, it will be big enough for 2 newells, a lift and an office/bathroom area. along with alot of storage.

i think it will be around 65x70. need to make sure it will fit.

still planning and am starting to get a bid. it will be a metal building that is insulated and with side by side 14x14 doors.

the home is on a few acres so will be room for our guru friends to come visit.

things may change and dont know when i will start it, but it is fun to plan and think about it.

tom

Unless you pack it tight, I'll bet you'll find a 65x70 won't be big enough. My 40x60 has the bird, a couple of tractors, one truck and my enclosed trailer. The tractors, truck and trailer essentially take up the space of the bird (a little more, but not a lot), so it's like having 2 coaches in the space. I can walk around bird, but don't have any real extra room. So adding storage and office and bathroom and a lift will quickly tighten up the extra space. If I can swing it, my next bus barn will be 80x100 with probably a covered parking area down one side.

So unless you're planning on parking a coach in/on the lift space, you may want to go bigger. Anybody passing thru the OKC area is welcome to stop and see my current space for size evaluation.

I also had custom trusses down on a 16' sidewall, so I can relatively easily walk the roof without having to do a gymnastics routine! The standard insulation also works very well to moderate the internal building temperature.

06 M450LXi 3 slide

yea, unfortunately the lot will not fit anything any bigger. and my wallet either.

as it is darlene thinks i am a bit nutty now

tom

still finalizing the shop design. i am planning on two side by side 14x14 doors. i will back my coach into it.

is 14' wide going to be wide enough to easily back in?

tom