You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Newell at Buckhorn

Been out with friends most of the day and this afternoon when I got back to the park, in came a Newell and parked across from us. It was John and Linda Zimmerman from Canyon Lake, TX in a 91 they bought about 3 weeks ago. Said they had joined the Gurus. I am going to check on Vickie and Morris Weinstein tomorrow, but is my understanding they are here also. I think it takes at least 5 to have a mini rally, so feel free if close by to come and join the fun. Park serves $1.00 Margaritas on Fri. starting at 4:00. Chappell

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

we have had many rallies there. It has been a few years but the west bound exit from I-10 is the slowest exit I have found. You really have to watch your speed. Must have been a rookie design that exit

Ernie Ekberg
Bluebird Wanderlodge

You are right on Erniee. There is a long steep hill west bound on I-10 and one needs to watch their downhill speed. Gear it right on down. The turn is right on the bottom.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

One other thing we need for a mini rally is Tom and Darlene. So I guess It want happen this time. Wish they were near. Chappell

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Cindy and I are here until Tuesday. There is a newer Newell up on the hill in one of the owner coach houses. But they aren't home.
Very nice campground.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

we are heading down that way for a rally in Marble Falls this coming Friday. Will try and find Steve Quandt while we are there.

Ernie Ekberg
Bluebird Wanderlodge

Forest, this our favorite campground. We try to go there at least 2 or 3 time a year. There is a lot to do around Kerrville, TX. Wish I was there right now. Is that newer coach from LA.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Couldn't see the license plate, it was covered by the toad shield. It is a medium brown similar to your coach and they have a golf cart parked in front. After you cross the bridge and turn right it is on the right as the road turns left.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

It could be the Winestines( spelling not correct probably), but when we were there Tuga said look them up that they had a place on the hill. They were gone, but they are from LA. They are up the hill on the right, if I recall correctly. I wish I had my list of owners here at the house and I could tell you their names correctly. We met this couple at Newell last summer. They own a 2010 or so.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

That would be our friends Morris and Vicki Weinstein. They live in Opelousas, LA and have a lot there at Buckhorn Lake. Give them our regards if you see them.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com