You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Window slides and bay door gaskets question

hi todd,

i sent these to you as well. they were the only thing that was close to yours. there were dozens of boxes of different ones we looked at.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

(09-19-2012, 08:59 PM)Flick Wrote:  Ok so I was able to get the felt track runners if that is what they are called that go into the slider window frame. This is what the sliding window rests in and slides back and forth. Now on the outside of each slide window then as well there is a gap between the sliding window and the frame. This gap is covered by a rubber molding trim piece that keeps this area dry I suppose and also probably keeps that felt track in place since it abuts against it.

I can't find anyone who carries it. Hehr, Peninsula and anyone else I could send a pic of it to on the Internet. Most of my windows Re missing bits of this And what is there is brittle. I will post a couple pics in a moment. Does anyone have a suggestion. Every time I call Newell Chucks Answer is no. I get the feeling in this era of Newell they built them with whatever was available or anyone would ask for.

Ok guys I have looked for this silly window molding or seal or whatever they are called until I am about blind, but to no avail. I will look at the windows again tomorrow to see if i can even see who manufactured the stupid windows. Last time i called Peninsula (Windows in Motion) their customer service dude had zero time for me. he kept asking "is my company name on the windows?" "Newell just tells everyone their our windows, but that's not true". Well I can tell what is the truth if I ever need to replace the windows I will never use those guys based on this guys service.

Guys take a lookn at that piece again in the pics. It is a rubber molding that presses into the window track and fills the gap between the metal window frame and the rubber/felt track the window slides in. The little square body is about 1/4" by 1/4" then there is that little extension off of it.

I will look agaion for a window name tomorrow. I will also call Chuck again at Newell although he claimed he did not have that nor did he know where to get it. Now that struck me as odd since he had piles of the felt window track laying around to send me. This thing is driving me nuts.

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

Someone earlier posted that they modified (cut/trimmed) windshield wiper rubber to fit the space as he could not find the rubber either.

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

Just a suggestion, Matthew Russo just joined as PerformanceGlassWorks, he is Matt's son (express1) and owns a glass place in Louisiana.
You might PM him and see if he can help. He may have other resources not available to us mere mortals.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

it was jimmy (ozarkguy) who did the windshield washer rubber solution. try contacting jimmy.

i would be really surprised if they were penninusula windows. they have clearly identifiable tags on them with their name. some may have come off but not all of them.

my 90 had the two front windows that were penninsula and the rest were a different brand. newell thought they were Hehr but there was no markings on them and they were single pane. as i said before i ended up changing them out to penninsula ones that were new.

it sure seems like newell should know at least what window brands they have used in that era.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

(09-20-2012, 12:42 PM)Ozarkguy Wrote:  When I replaced my window felt.. I could'nt find the wiper seal, such as you have... I did find some windshield wiper blades that worked perfectly... If all else fails...

(09-19-2012, 08:59 PM)Flick Wrote:  Ok so I was able to get the felt track runners if that is what they are called that go into the slider window frame. This is what the sliding window rests in and slides back and forth. Now on the outside of each slide window then as well there is a gap between the sliding window and the frame. This gap is covered by a rubber molding trim piece that keeps this area dry I suppose and also probably keeps that felt track in place since it abuts against it.

I can't find anyone who carries it. Hehr, Peninsula and anyone else I could send a pic of it to on the Internet. Most of my windows Re missing bits of this And what is there is brittle. I will post a couple pics in a moment. Does anyone have a suggestion. Every time I call Newell Chucks Answer is no. I get the feeling in this era of Newell they built them with whatever was available or anyone would ask for.

Jimmy can you tell me how you did this and/or take a pic for me some time so i can see what you did? What year is you coach?

Todd & Dawn Flickema
71 Karmann Ghia

So this weekend I finally got to the point that I could no longer delay replacing the felt runners in our windows that were almost 30 years old, petrified, full of dirt and would not let any of the windows move more than a couple of inches. I had delayed long enough but by yesterday my to do list was down to that chore.

So I gathered my picks that Richard had me buy last fall Md began to fish out the old felt. I was a struggle by I soon got the knack for it. As Richard predicted there is a learning curve. The first window took me maybe am hour and half. I picked up speed from there and rocked out the remaining 6 windows this morning. So Clarke come on back to Sioux Falls or meet me again in Spearfish Labor Day weekend and I will help you to do yours.

Todd & Dawn Flickema
71 Karmann Ghia