You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Transfer Switch

My transfer switch on shore power isn't pulling the coil in. I can push the center in and it works fine. Is the coil available? Switch is a
Cutler Hammer C25F NF 360. Generator side works fine.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Steve Magown
Calhoun, LA
2001 Prevost H3 Vantare
formerly Newell #458

What did you end up doing Steve?

Bob Miller
Previous owner of #390

My switch was made by Todd Engineering, a PS 275, Todd is extinct and succeeded by Iota. Their ITS 50R which replaces the PS 275 is all over the net for failures and a recall. They use 10gauge wire in the box which isn't spe'd for 50 amps.Iota blames the installers for not tightening the lugs enough. All the parts in my box are on the net, Cutler Hammer contactors, relay on ebay and Amazon. I ordered the circuit board from Newell but it isn't the right one or at least is twice the size of mine. My problem started when I went out to the coach one day and it was running on the inverter but was plugged in. The breaker was thrown in the shop and two of the four lugs were melted in the shore plug plugged into the shop outlet. I replaced the end and flipped the breaker and noticed the coil didn't pull in so I started looking in the transfer switch box. I can manually lock it in by jamming the contact down but havent' figured out what is wrong. I replaced the contactor for shore power and the relay. I haven't gone any further. Dreaming that Russ White will come to LA and save meSmile Newell is using the Surge Guard now and it runs $600 to $800.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Steve Magown
Calhoun, LA
2001 Prevost H3 Vantare
formerly Newell #458

They replaced the whole box on 701 Wednesday night.. Those are pricey but Newell warranty covered itSmile

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

Does Newell incorporate the remote display inside the bus (on newer coaches)? Can anyone provide pictures?

It seems as the transfer switch is something that is going to eventually go bad. And I want to start looking out for a good deal on one.

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

i replaced mine right after i got my 02. fortunatly, the previous owner must have assummed it was failing soon and there was a new one in a box in the bays.

i called the manufacturer and they said they do not repair them

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Be sure to keep you old one if only one of the switches is burned. Makes a good replacement switch.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

yea i did. its a sickness. i dont throw any of this stuff away

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH