You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

air bags

Here we go again, it's an old subject but I'm in need of air bags (4) for replacement of my old ones on the steer axle. To the best of my knowledge they have a Firestone bellows number of ITI5LL2 and I'm not positive but believe the Firestone air bag number is either FAW013589447 or 445. The coach is a 94. Can anybody verify either of the numbers and send me in the right direction to find some. I've been told that they are not easily available and could require a 2-3 month wait time for Firestone to produce. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. HAVE A HAPPY THANKSGIVING FELLOW NEWELLERS!

94 Newell #365, 2009 Smart, 2005 500SL, 2012 ML350, 1934 Ford Streetrod Golf Cart, 1958 Century Coronado, 1965 Cruisers Inc. Car and Boat CrazyTongue

Larry,
The best price I could find on the front air bags were from Newell. If you haven't tried them you might want to try.

There are many variables and for some unknown reason Firestone puts the bag number on a paper label and attaches it to the mounting plate. To verify my air bags I had to remove them. Even then most of the labeling was destroyed & unreadable. Very careful comparison of the specs in the Firestone air bag replacement book led me to the proper air bags. Here is the Firestone air bag book:

http://www.firestoneip.com/site-resource...de2010.pdf

If your coach is the same as mine here is the post with my numbers:

http://newellgurus.com/Thread-Air-springs-for-99-Newell

Removing an air bag is not difficult if you are able to remove and retorque a wheel. The hardest part is the corrosion and road grime on the hardware and air fitting.

Let me know if I can provide more help.......................

Larry,
I referred to the front, but it appears that you need them for the drive axle? Looks like yours are the same as mine. At least the W01-358-9447 is the same number as my drive axle air bags. Those should be available. Use the specs in the Firestone catalog for comparison. Pay close attention to the air inlet size and bolt pattern.

Hope this helps..........................

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531