You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

help please broke down

my series 60 engine display shows i have 0 oilpressure and is shutting down the engine. my analog dash gague shows it is fine.. but the ddec wont let me drive more than a few hundred yards. before it shuts down.. doesnt the shutdown overide suppose to let me drive? any ideas is helpful.. im guessing opil pressure sensor is bad. Newell thinks its ok anyone have any ideas?

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

Passenger side of engine, toward the front, and just below where the intake manifold joins. Round, 2 inches in diameter. Check wire connection.

Got to ask stupid question. Not trying to be smarty pants. You have checked the oil ?

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Where are you?

David Lininger, kb0zke
1993 Foretravel U300 40'
Build 4371

Well we got it fixed .. It was the oil pressure sensor. Newell has 2 a mechanical that runs to the dash gague and a digital that runs to the ddec.. The ddec was sending 0 oil pressure and shutting down the engine. It would run for 1!2 mile then cut pff and we would coast another 1/2 mile.. Half to restart and do it again.. Any way we limped to a mechanic shop. 5 mins later and 6"$ it was fixed.. Takes 1 1/4 inch socket in case anyone was wondering.. All fixed nowSmile

Marc Newman

Well, that is certainly good news.....things looked kind of bleak when you first posted. My understanding of the override switch is that it will allow you turn the engine back on just long enough to get off the road, so it sounds like it was doing its job. Glad it was something simple and that you were able to get to a garage and have fixed so quickly!

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

Marc,
If you have an opportunity can you post a picture & part number?

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

I meant too take a pic when the part was off but I forgot too.. I know that Forrest actually has a pic of one.. I do know the part number of the one they put on did not exactly match the number of the one they took off. But mechanic said that is common

Marc Newman

Here's a picture from someone at the wanderlodgeownersgroup.com

I was able to locate mine on the front of engine(towards front of coach) pretty easily. Easy in the daylight Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

I had the same problem on mine this past summer on my trip to Ontario Canada. I was very lucky in that mine failed while I was in a friends driveway visiting. When I started the engine the yellow check engine light illuminated, followed but the red stop engine light, and then text on the pro driver stating zero oil pressure. The oil pressure gauge showed that it was fine. I bought a new sender, and installed it. I have been told that when this fails if you remove the wire from the sender, the yellow check engine light will stay on, but the engine will continue to run, if you need to drive the bus.
I bought a spare on eBay for $40, and now carry it. I have heard of this failure at least 4 times. I think a spare is a good thing to carry. I paid more than double the $40 for the one I bought on the road.

Peter Haggins
Courtenay BC
Canada
96 Wanderlodge 42' Mid Door

Are all series 60s sender alike? Do you have a part # or just ask for a engine oil pressure sender for a DD series 60?

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot