You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

electrial

I was checking for air leaks and at the six pack in front of the left front wheel there is a nest of wire connections. I found four connections, two female and two male that were not connected. Black and white wires coming form each. All four are factory tagged pressure switch. I started to connect them but did not. What is the pressure switch and why would these not have been connected? Chappell

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

I am going to guess that someone unplugged the pressure switch connections on the front 6 pack to get rid of red warning lights on your HWH touch pad. Those type of connectors don't just fall apart. Read the following paying the most attention to section 2-9.6, 2-9.7 & 2-9.8 that starts on page 20.

http://www.hwhcorp.com/Electronics_and_HWH.pdf#page=18

I would reconnect and see what happens. If it brings up a warning light you'll need to diagnose the problem & fix. HWH tech support has been helpful in the past.

Let us know what happens.................

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

I had the pressure switches on mine disconnected at Newell last month. It was causing the level light to show on the dash even with slides in. Mike at Newell said on our early coaches with slides the pressure switches were an extra safety feature and they quit adding them on later coaches. They disconnected mine. Solved the problem.. I'll bet yours were disconnected too..

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

So what exactly does the level light mean?
Mine has started coming on intermittently.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Thanks to both of you. I will reconnect and see what happens. As Steve said these connections don't just fall apart. As Yachs said they probably were disconnected at the factory. If the factory disconnected them they probably aren't that important. It is amazing what one finds on the coaches when you start looking. Chappell

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Forrest the level light means the slides are not secured and the hwh leveling system will not let the coach go into travel mode manually. But the hwh system automatically defaults to travel mode.the travel light doesn't turn on with the level light on. And it's normally the pressure switch.

Marc Newman

So we just disconnect part of the system to get rid of the nuisance of the light instead of fixing the problem?????HuhHuhHuh

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

It's a personal choice, since the sensors are not even included in later model Newell's. The time and expense of fixing them "correctly" versus disconnecting is the decision. In my case after it was explained in the early slide coaches it was uncharted territory andhow much redundancy do you build in. That and the fact that my advice was from the factory it was neat to know that they admit where some of the systems may not be necessary. They could have very easily said we need to replace the sensor and bill me 500$. I would be none the wiser. But they were honest and suggested a better fix in my opinion. It's issues like that make the 200$ fuel run to Newell worth it. I have a place near me that fixes rv's charge the same amount per hour as Newell. But anytime I have gone there my bill has been more than Newell would do because they didn't build it and don't know it inside and out..

Marc Newman

Marc, We make the 1k mile pilgrimage for that very reason. Also, it's a fun trip usually!

Newer Newells do not use the HWH system. Apples & Oranges. HWH could sure save a lot of money on pressure switches. But I do agree that it is a personal choice.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531