You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Air seat

It will be ready in the beginning of July. It will be 4 slide 2 bunk coach. We were at camp Newell end of October picking out all the details and now waiting for it to be built. We have a 19 month old which is why the bunk coach was attractive to us as well as it being a standard coach Newell makes. Have had 2 Prevost and a Blue Bird so this Newell decisions was a big one. Very excited the more we learn about them! Less bay space but my wife says I carry to much stuff anyway.

Doug and Melanie Matz
2015 45 Bunk Coach 1517
Toad Ford Flex

Doug & Melanie,
It will be very interesting to hear your evaluation & comparision of your past coaches to your Newell. The new Newells are really nice!

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

What bird did you have?

06 M450LXi 3 slide

We had a 04 M380. It took a year to get everything working 100%. We had a 06 Dynamax Grand Sport, an 02 Royale Prevost XLII , an a 10 Parliament Prevost XLII. The Prevost had the best ride. I did test drive Newell coach 1480 a bunk coach for about 30 miles or so. It appeared to have a similar ride to the Prevost however you don't know a coach until you have it for a year. Our Newell 1517 will be very similar to the 1480 bunk coach. Looking forward to the pick up in July. Won't miss the stainless, glad that is out of my system.

Doug and Melanie Matz
2015 45 Bunk Coach 1517
Toad Ford Flex

That stainless sure does show the dirt and fingerprints! While the 380's are nice birds, I don't think I'd trade my WB for one. A Newell, probably, but not a 380! Wink Like the rest, I'm looking forward to pictures of your new one. Congratulations!

I've heard the Prevost has a great ride. The ping tanks for the air bags really helps.

Please don't take my offbeat humor as a knock on the 380. It's a good coach, for sure. It's a shame Macy et al weren't able to make a real go of things. I think they had some great visions and were capable of producing a top notch coach.

06 M450LXi 3 slide

I agree that the 380 is not the same it was a huge step up from the Dynamax. The Prevost was a huge step up as well. It will take a lot to get me going. Melanie are really looking forward to the Newell. For the layout and with the hope it does not take years to get the bugs out. Seems every coach we had has taken years to get perfect. Perhaps it's my OCD!

The stainless looks Awsome when it's clean and polished. It dulls with every day grit and road dirt. But I do love that shine.

Doug and Melanie Matz
2015 45 Bunk Coach 1517
Toad Ford Flex