You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Air system

When Newell was going over my coach looking for air leaks . They plugged an air hose into the air chuck in the chassis battery compartment and let that pressurize the system.. I was considering doing that when it is in storage with an external compressor so I wouldn't have to run the one on the coach.. Comments?..

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

No problem with that other than if you do have an air leak the external compressor may run a lot.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

And you should ensure the external air source has a drier on it to prevent excess moisture buildup in the coach systems.

06 M450LXi 3 slide

there is no issue as long as you have a dryer on it like was said above.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I use my shop air all the time. At home I shut off the coach 110V compressor and just run the 12V to keep the slide seals inflated. I've always wanted to ask Newell, but forgotten, if they regulate their shop air down to 120 psi. Since the engine compressor regulates its pressure to 120 psi, I regulate my external air compressor down to 120 psi before I hook it up. Not sure if this step is necessary, but it makes me feel better. And I agree that only introducing dry air is important.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531