You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Exterior LED's

Have had about 30 feet of outdoor LED's for two years and finally installed 15' feet on the passenger side.....looks pretty cool.....I think.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

I like that. How did you wire it and how did you secure the strip?

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

(12-12-2013, 09:24 PM)Flick Wrote:  I like that. How did you wire it and how did you secure the strip?

The strip lighting has an adhesive strip on the back that you just peal the protective paper strip off and stick them on. They are mounted on the smooth metal strip that runs along the bottom of the bays. I took a fine sand paper to it first to get most of the gunk off, then used acetone to clean it off before applying the strip lighting. I used an on/off switch (lights up when on) I had, and a power source inside the through compartment. I ran the wires back to the compartment on the inside of the rubber "bumper" strip that runs along the bottom.....I pulled it out, inserted the wires, then put it back in place.....of course there were a couple of holes that had to be drilled to get the wires inside the bay.

(12-12-2013, 09:29 PM)afrench Wrote:  I have had some for 2 years and never installed them... Mine are 12v that I was going to put on the aluminum strip under my slide bays and was going to wire them to the outdoor lights. My problem was making sure they stayed cleaned when I drove through weather....

These are water proof, and cleaning them just would involve running a clean rag over them.

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com