You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Newell Gurus Summer 2014 Rally in Arkansas

Looks like 13 or more couples interested.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Well maybe not couples my wife may not go, if so do I need a date to attend. And who will help hook me upSmile

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

Throw my hat into the ring, would love to attend.

Gordon Jones
2000-45'-2slide-#567

We were there in August about 5 years ago and because of the slight elevation and thick forest it was only in the 80's during the day and I suspect that this June will be even a little cooler. Anyone with an inflatable boat or kayak will love the lake. There is a very large and beautiful Southern Style church at the top of the property.. Let us know when to call ..

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

The RV Resort is still putting together a final list of available sites. They are getting owners, who don't normally rent to the general public, signing up to allow us to rent their sites. We should have a final list in about ten days. While we may not be coach to coach, there will be enough groups of sites where people who want to be by some one will be able to group up. We are looking at having all of our coaches in the southern half of the resort and right now they have forty sites available within the half.

The women who run the resort are fulltimers and totally understand our concerns and want to keep us happy. They have no problem grouping coaches together as we wish. If you want to be grouped with some one, preplan it, and just have one in the group call and reserve the sites for the whole group. Just provide them with the names of the people in your group. The earlier you make your reservation the more sites will be available to accommodate your wishes.

The average temperature for June at the resort is 85 hi/65 low This is an average and no two years are the same. The resort is right on a lake. There is a boat ramp and a courtesy boat dock where you can leave your boat during your stay. Any one who wishes to bring a boat is welcome to do so. Table Rock Lake is known for its clear water and fishing. There are also restaurants that have docks for boaters. There is not room for trailers at the sites. There is a grass area where trailers can be parked.

The resort is golf cart friendly. They have carts for rent. 2 passenger carts--$25 a day/$125 a week 4 passenger carts--$30 a day/$130 a week.

There will be more information coming out and reserving our sites will begin soon. To reserve a site with our rally you will not be required to make a deposit. You will pay upon check in.

Just come & have fun!!!

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

For those who want to ride four wheelers, here is a place about an hour from the resort.

http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/mtnf/recr...2&actid=93

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Steve:
Looks like UTV's (side x side) are prohibited from riding these trails.

Steve Magown
Calhoun, LA
2001 Prevost H3 Vantare
formerly Newell #458

Steve,
As you can tell I don't know the difference. How about this place?

http://www.smorr.net/

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Steve,
Any thing on this site that will work?

https://www.arkansas.com/outdoors/atv-orv/

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Hey Steve (Magown) we're planning to travel east in the spring then be in south LA early June. What say we drive up and caravan together from your place?
That is if you still remember how to drive slow..............

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337