You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Newell Gurus Summer 2014 Rally in Arkansas

If you have a RZR be sure and install at least a 4 point harnesses. Be sure and use the 3 inch because they are much more comfortable than 2 inch. Pro Armor offer one of the best set up.

1996 #422 and 2004 #689 with YELLOW Goldwing, BMW K1200S, RZR, Dodge Truck

And the best $100.00 you will spend! Trust me..I know! LOL

Jeff and Pam Reganall
1996 45' Newell Coach #432 Series 60, Allison 6 Speed
Towing 2012 3/4T Ram Truck loaded with the RZR XP Turbo

Just got this from the rzrforum. Might be worth checking out.

"if your gonna be in oak grove ar you all are close to some great riding! We regularly drive from Springfield Mo. to unload our 900xp in Snowball Arkansas. Snowball is just over the mountain from the Ozark national forest. Ride west crossing the mountain and you can go for days on those roads and trails inside the ONF. Be sure to research applicable laws so you know the guidelines and you can be legal. The scenery is incredible! ps... seeing you guys are from louisianna don't expect no deep mud, this part of the world is rock, rock and more rock, but the trails are plentiful with good hillclimbs and numerous elevation changes."

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Does anyone know a really good paint and detail guy who would be willing to come to our Rally and do some small repairs and detail work for our coaches ???

I think with dent and chip technology as portable as it is and the many little ones we all have acquired over the years should give this detail person more work than anyone could handle IMO ....

Anyone think this is a good idea ???

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

Larry,
I personally don't know of any one who does detailing & paint repairs. There are mobile detailing services who provide wash & wax services. I'll ask around & see if there is some one who will do what you want.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Do you think it is a viable idea Steve ?

2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S

I think it may be. I wonder if EPA rules would not allow it in an open air situation though. I figured I'd ask a few body shops if there is such a service.

There is no problem lining up a detailing service though. I'd just need to know who was interested.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

in the next day or so i will post the details on the get together in arkansas. steve has done all the leg work and i think him for that.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

"Thinks" Tom and Steve....

Steve,
There are a few of these mobile guys in Florida, so EPA must not be a big consideration. I called one who is licensed and bonded and asked about where they go and how they do it... They stick to the County they are located in and limit mobile jobs to small repairs. They do tent the area of the repair on whatever vehicle they work on and they have a dust vac that is constantly pulling the air out of the tented spot. They also do paintless dent repair and bra installs. Maybe there is an outfit like this in the area or a local body shop that would like a shot at work we can offer ... ???

2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S

Larry,
Good to hear what you want exists. I have it on my list of things to do. I will let you know if & when I find something out.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531