You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

NOT A Guru

we have toured with our daughter and her two kids and had plenty of room. the bath and a half made that much easier.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

AG,

Newell and Wanderlodge are fairly comparable, while Foretravel is a fiberglass rig. It's a good one, granted; but not in the same league. One of our birders traded his late 90's Foretravel for an early 90's bird. He continually states that he traded UP.

That all being said, no bird of the 98-00 vintage will have a bath and a half. Slides, yes but the half bath didn't show up until 09 that I'm aware of. Since virtually all had the bath in front of the bedroom, it can be used by different folks easily. All had enclosed commodes in that vintage, so that can help.

Tough to go wrong with prudent selection of either coach.

06 M450LXi 3 slide

One thing to consider with the bath and a half configuration is that there will be less closet space or perhaps not a king size bed. I have only one commode located forward of the bedroom, but I have more closet space that other coaches that I have observed. Some like apples, some like oranges.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

Chester is right the bath & 1/2 does impact the closet space. But I do have a king size bed in my bath & 1/2. No two Newells are the same so just be careful as to the features of a coach you are looking for. It is easy to miss something.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

In many bath and a half Newells, the space for the washer/dryer is used by the half bath although in others, the washer/dryer is just moved to another location, such as the rear bath.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Just remember "Seats 6, feeds 4, and sleeps 2!" You may not need the half bath, so you could gain something back. Big Grin

06 M450LXi 3 slide

I ve had the rear walk in closet and a bath and a half... Under no circumstances would I ever give up the bath and a half.. We moved from a no slide to a double slide. And the no slide coach was pretty full .. We have much more interior storage space in the bath and a half.. The only thing I don't have now is a full length closet. But we don take my wife's full length coats very often..

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

I have had a blue bird and 2 Prevost. I am going to a Newell bunk coach with bath and a half. If the grand kids are with you often the bunk style coach offers the convince of not losing the salon when the kids need to go to bed or you want to get up and out early. Newell is the only one I am aware of that builds a bunk coach a a regular floor plan. Marathon has built a few as well but the bunks are shorter. Because Newell builds them regularly we decided to go with Newell so it would not be an anomaly when we wanted to move on. Bluebird although supported very well by Parliament Coach some parts are becoming harder to come by. Good luck in your search.

Doug and Melanie Matz
2015 45 Bunk Coach 1517
Toad Ford Flex

First of all, for the record, Bob is lying. I have spoken with him on the phone is he is a NATURAL guru. He will fit right in and be another asset to this merry band whether he ends up in a Newell, BB, or Foretravel. Wink, wink, we have to help him find the right brand.

Seriously Bob you have reached out to the guys who can help with your search and who love to spend OPM (other people's money).

Hope to see you at the June rally in Arkansas in a Newell.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

As with anything it is money out and value in. I am really only familiar with the older rigs so all I have to say is GOOD LUCK!
PS if you are looking for Customer Service then ................................. I suggest that you call the Manufacturers and try to schedule an Appointment for Service on the Coach that you are thinking of buying .............................................
Might be explanatory in and of itself.

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch