You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Murphy bed

Anyone have any experience or comments and ideas on a Murphy bed?

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

I think it is a great idea. It affords you another room when it is put up. Really nice for some one with kids or during bad weather. I think it works best for some one who parks in locations for a period of time rather than some one who is moving often. My only concern is the mattress height---and it may mean nothing after living with it.

jmho......................

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

My Bride likes to do crafts. I think it is a great idea for seperation. On occasion we all need our space n that makes it possible on those daze when outside isn't a option.

Jimmy

I'm thinking multiple tvs ilike my media room..be cool...

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

That too!! Man Cave!! Yea!!

Jimmy

The only one I saw was at MOT and in order to lower the bed at least one of the slides had to be out. With the sofa on the opposite wall there wasn't enough room to lower it. Even with just one slide out there wasn't enough room to walk past the bed to the bathroom. And like Steve mentioned the bed height is pretty low. But wow is it nice with the bed raised!
So that's my observation, but Newell may have more than that floor plan. Guess it depends on your travel style.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

So what's 701 like?! Can you get around the Murphy with the slides in? It looks like a really well done interior. The colors and wood really look inviting.

06 M450LXi 3 slide

There is lot's of room to move around in 701 with the Murphy bed up and the slides in. With the opposing couch, it is unlikely that the Murphy bed could be left down with both slides in. The Murphy bed could be left down with 1 slide in but it would be tight getting between the bed and the couch to the rear bathroom without crawling across the bed although there is a 1/2 bath in 701.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

So if you're overnighting someplace, you could just extend one slide. One person could use the rear bath and the other the front. Sound reasonable?

06 M450LXi 3 slide

If I were to get a murphy bed (which I am not looking!) I'd want 2 nice recliners instead of a sofa. Like my recliner.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337