You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Driving & Handling comparisons between generations of Newells

I have only driven one Newell, my 1982, and from the first day I drove it until today, I love driving it. The steering is true....no play, and if I let go of the wheel it tracks straight. The 5 speed Allison shifts smoothly at 15mph, 25mph, 35mph, 45mph and 55mph right on the dot. There is not a better feeling in the world than setting the cruise control on 58mph, and just hanging on to the steering wheel and enjoying the drive.....of course, if there is some 50's music playing in the background I'm singing along, and Elaine is grimacing.

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

Messages In This Thread
Driving & Handling comparisons between generations of Newells - by encantotom - 08-20-2012, 07:07 PM
RE: Driving & Handling comparisons between generations of Newells - by Fulltiming - 08-20-2012, 09:16 PM
RE: Driving & Handling comparisons between generations of Newells - by whatsnewell - 08-20-2012, 10:26 PM
RE: Driving & Handling comparisons between generations of Newells - by HoosierDaddy - 08-21-2012, 06:38 AM