You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

110v compressor mounting

My compressor is in the genny compartment up front on the driver's side of the genny. It is bolted to a wooden board with a layer of foam sandwiched to a metal plate under the foam.There is no connection of the foam to the board. It must have used an adhesive at one time. I remember Tom re doing his but can't find the article. Looks like I need some rubber mounts with threads on each end. Any ideas?

Steve Magown
Calhoun, LA
2001 Prevost H3 Vantare
formerly Newell #458

Steve,
I change the compressor in my 96 and reuse the board and foam. I don't remember what glue I use but it has work fine.

1996 #422 and 2004 #689 with YELLOW Goldwing, BMW K1200S, RZR, Dodge Truck

that foam is the same soundproofing they used in the main engine area if you dont have the blankets.

i sandwiched rubber isolation sheeting between two pieces of of sheet plastic, though wood would be fine. then used isolation standoofs between the compressor and the top sheet

i will see if i have a picture of it.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Mine is the same set up but it is mounted on top of the fan housing for genny in front curbside compartment. I thought about gluing or bolting together but got in a hurry (lazy). It has some "friction & gravity working in conjunction to keep it all together. So far it has worked OK, but I may at some point try gluing the foam to the steel plate or the board with my old stand-by "3M weatherstrip adhesive". Not sure how much gluing I want to do, because compressor replacement is a pretty easy job like it is now.

here is the picture

tom

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Thanks guys, I'm on it.

Steve Magown
Calhoun, LA
2001 Prevost H3 Vantare
formerly Newell #458

I use several vibration isolation mounts in building generators. A stocked mount that should fit the bill is 1" in diameter, 3/4" thick, 1/2" long 1/4-20 studs, max compression 44lbs, & 15lbs shear, that's 176LB for four mounts. They work well for the instrument panels. They are $2.80 each. Here is a link to the vendor:
http://www.novibes.com/documents/file/Te...202010.pdf

McMaster-Carr has a number of mounts as well.

Gordon Jones
2000-45'-2slide-#567

Thanks Gordon!

Steve Magown
Calhoun, LA
2001 Prevost H3 Vantare
formerly Newell #458

Attached is a photo of how my JonAir compressor is mounted next to the generator. These rubber mounts isolate all vibration.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

Chester:
Looks like they didn't use the board with foam sandwiched between it and the metal plate and just mounted the rubber mounts to the metal plate.
Thanks,

Steve Magown
Calhoun, LA
2001 Prevost H3 Vantare
formerly Newell #458