You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

General

When one cuts the pre-heat switch on, is there a way to check to be sure it is working?

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

When the switch is on the pump should be running. You should be able to feel the slight vibrations with it running.
Look at your Aquahot and there are 3 zone pumps then under them is the one preheat pump.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Thanks Forest. I also have another question. Is there an adjustment to slow down the air pocket doors? Ours really moves.

Thanks Forest. I also have another question. Is there an adjustment to slow down the air pocket doors? Ours really moves.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Yes there are adjustments for both in and out. Newell applies a 7 second count as it moves rule when adjusting them for quietest operation and least slam. The midship control valve is accessed by removing the laminated angled panel on your laundry to bedroom wall at the ceiling joint, which is just right of the top of the door. There is an adjustment screw head for both directions on the valve and it just takes some time to get it right where you want it. The back bath door is a bit harder to get to and you must remove a few pieces of the upper wall over the bath door to get to it and depending on how your coach is laid out different from mine and it's age , they may be located a little differently. I learned about mine at Newell with a guy from production, who installs them showing me how it's done. You may want to have them do it if you don't want to take panels apart.
I can show you in Arkansas if you wait til then... Larry

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

Thanks Larry, I will take care it. It is my wife that is complaining. She ask me this morning, "the next time we are Newell's ask them if there is an adjustment". I told her I think there is a quicker way.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Larry,

That is good to know. My rear closet door really takes off and slams. I have often worried about getting slammed in the door. Now that I look at it, there is an access trim piece within the closet that will allow getting at the guts of the door piston. I may wait till Arkansas to look at it though.

Thanks!
bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

If I'm not mistaken, the 12 volt air compressor is only for the toilet and the air doors. Before you try adjusting the individual door mechanisms, you should check the pressure regulator at the 12 volt compressor. Both of my air doors were "slamming" too. When I checked the regulator it was "pegged" well over 60 lbs.! I simply adjusted it down to the max.
60 lbs setting..... it made a huge difference. Toilet works fine at this setting too. Guys, please correct me if I'm wrong of this. This is the first time I felt I've had some useful knowledge to contribute. Best Regards, Jerry

Jerry & Barb Bommarito
Former Custodians of the "Rolling R Ranch"
Newell Coach #500 

Larry,found it. My door air adj. is not in the laundry room but in a cabinet above the toilet on the other side of the door. There were two small panels covered with carpet. Took them off and there is was. Another good place to look for an air leak. Thanks for the infro.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

3Rs, here again I may be mistaken, but I think the toilet and air doors operate on the 12 volt air when there is no other source of air. If the 120 volt compressor is supplying the air and the 12 volt is turned off, the toilet and doors continue to operate and are not dependent on the 12 volt compressor.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

That sounds right Chester. My 110v air compressor keeps the coach at ~70 psi and I can tell when the pressure is getting low by how fast the door closes.
Chappell that's where mine is also. I keep a screwdriver and 6" crescent wrench in my nightstand in case the door doesn't open. I can pull the cover and bleed the air lines so I can open the door. Hopefully, haven't tried it yet.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337