You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

No Slide bushings needed .....

I just bought 4 replacement bushings for my slide pin locks and when I went to install them they wouldn't fit .... They went in about 3/8" and that was it.
Well I called Newell and shocked that I got my first "I don't know what to tell you" from Mark, a tech who does slides. He also told me that my coach had Valid slides and didn't know that 645 was a prototype and that my coach was one of the last HWH coaches produced. The reason for bringing this up is that Newell today did not know that HWH offered 2 different slide pin lock receivers. One used the conventional rubber bushings we all know about and the other was what Newell used in later models before the shift to Valid. The second receiver has a 3/4" inset retainer clip that is blue in color and 1/4" thick and it moves freely in a channel cut into the receiver. It is made of nylon and never needs replacement. Well I had already pounded all the rubber ones in with a mallet, using lube. All 4 X $25.00 and $15.00 shipping were not just a waste of money, but I was given my first misinformation from Newell ever !!! How could Mark the slide tech not know that Newell specifically used these receivers that do not require rubber bushings for a long time according to HWH ? So don't waste your $$ like I did until you check for a blue colored,free spinning, internal, retainer ring and if you don't have them you will still need the bushings.

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border