You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Dash Removed Projects

I removed the dash cover to stealth mount the VMS PC cords. While in there I removed an old Motorola car phone. Remember those? And a GPS sender with a serial connection, and two generations of obsolete Satellite wiring.

I'll move the CB mounting to the far left. I don't know why Newell mounted in such an obtrusive place right over the accelerator.

I have a couple of push on air fittings on the air brake cylinder which will get replaced.

I will probably take the dash heat damper box out since the fan is squealing. I'll fix the fan, check the box for proper sealing, and clean the coils.

Based on your inside the dash issues in the past, is there anything you would recommend I check or do while it's in pieces?

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Check the warning lights to see if they are working. I had 4 or 5 burnt out. They sell the bulbs at Wal*Mart.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Check all the dampers and the heat/ac flex pipe junctions, I found all kinds of crazy connections in this system as the previous owner was trying to increase air flow with some insane additions to the duct lines. Dry lubricate the fans ..
I also had all kinds of out dated stuff in mine and some wiring that was actually causing a short from a disconnected GPS with power still running through the lines.

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

I hot wired my pressure pro. Found a good hot wire that was vacant and wired it up. Worked great. One big problem, when I turned on the ignition it was not hot. Found several wires that way. So if you are going to hot wire something make sure it is hot all the time, if that is what you want.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

I increased the thickness of the wires to my Aux compressor switch. The switch would melt every six months or so from the heat generated by too small a gauge wires going into the back of the switch. They carry 110v. Hasn't occurred since the fix.

Steve Magown
Calhoun, LA
2001 Prevost H3 Vantare
formerly Newell #458

Steve,

Can you say more about your Aux compressor switch? Which compressor...where did the wire go?

Thanks,
bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Still have the original rearview monitor? Good time to replace it with a nice color one.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Check all the gauge lights

Forest,
Speaking of rear cameras, you have any recommendations?

Bob Miller
Previous owner of #390

Bill:
I didn't trace them but think they go down into the generator blower fan bay up front passenger side. Under the dash I found where the wires were spliced and the wires going into the back of the switch in the dash were overheating and were melting the back of the switch at the spade terminals. I put a larger gauge wire from the splice to the switch and that solved the problem. I'll look for some pics. The Aux compressor is in my generator bay and supplies air to the supply side tank when the engine isn't running.

Steve Magown
Calhoun, LA
2001 Prevost H3 Vantare
formerly Newell #458