You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

turning radius

(08-25-2012, 06:03 AM)tuga Wrote:  I have stepped off my turning radius; it is 88'. If I want to make a U turn in a parking lot I stand with my back up against the coach and step off roughly 30 giant steps. It works everytime!

I have never measured it with a tape but the pacing off seems to work for me.

Tuga, do have to tilt your head back and touch your nose with index finger!Tongue

I never make the wrong turn so I just go straight!!!!

Matt...I agree....going straight is always better, and safer, especially if you are pulling a car, or trailer. I have a tool box mounted on the tongue of my trailer that I've pinched twice backing up.....now, if I must back up Elaine gets out with a walkie talkie and lets me know when I'm going to pinch it.....finally had to replace the original tool box a few weeks ago....got a lower profile one this time.

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

(08-24-2012, 07:09 PM)encantotom Wrote:  What are the turning radius for the different years of coaches.

Tom,

Our '81 has Rockwell axles and according to the factory we have a 37' radius (74' dia) turn around.

Ki and Wyn Punilei
"Have Newell Will Travel"
'81 Newell "Winter Demo", 40', 6V92TA
'11 Honda CR-V
"Squeak the Feline Princess"