You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

coolant system

I hit the clear plastic tube that shows the level of the coolant on the side of reservoir and it broke off about 4" up from the bottom. It was not bumped very hard. I guess that it was old and brittle. I managed to get the black rubber tube back on the part that was still there without much coolant lost. The tube is tapered down to a very small hole for some reason. So I called Newell to order a new one. They have it and it is $59.95 plus shipping. So be careful around that little clear tube.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

chappell, the guy who makes them is in tempe. i got a tube from him and i think it was 20 bucks or less. i also got an entire tank setup from him for richard and it wasnt too expensive.

he sells them out of his house.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Thinks Tom. I wished I had posted this before I talked to Newell. Live and learn. From now on I will post first. I figured I was the only one ever to have broken one. I did tell Chuck at Newell I couldn't believe the price.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot