You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Gluing corian?

The corian cover for the stove came unglued from the corian piece screwed to the hinge.
So what is the best product to use to glue it back together?

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

This may help... http://www.sinkandgluewarehouse.com/blog...ne-quartz/ Some other things I've read says to use oversize holes with rubber bushings... good luck...

Jimmy

forest, this place is very helpful. give them a call

http://www.specialtytools.com/

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Forest, I'm sure it is epoxy, but if were me I would call Newell first thing Monday. I don't think they are there on Friday.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

I would:
wet sand edges with a block to remove any old adhesive. DRY thoroughly. Use a medium viscosity CA type adhesive (super glue). Clamp for 24 hr.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Corian makes the achieve products for their products. I agree to call dwell or a Corian dealer.

Doug and Melanie Matz
2015 45 Bunk Coach 1517
Toad Ford Flex

so....i have been down that path. i dont think you are going to get any corian dealer to sell you their adhesive. you have to be certified by dupont to buy their products.

however, that site i put on sells compatible adhesives.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I have bought the CORIAN Adhesive from a Dealer before so I would try that first. ebay link;
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p...&_from=R40

2ndly it is pure Epoxy so you could use an Epoxy to adhere it problem would be that the joint would show without the coloring (pigment). I would suggest that you clean the old epoxied joint with a router using a straight edge as a guide, then clamp together on a FLAT surface using numerous clamps. You may be better off to simply put it away until you get to Tom's Bus Repair Haven.

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

Thanks for all of the tips. I ended up sanding the old adhesive off and using a 2 part epoxy using clamps to hold it for a couple days. It looks like it might work out. I'll find out next week after bouncing (getting sucked) down the road to Toms.
If it doesn't hold I'll just do it again.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337