You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Body Shop

Does anyone know of a good body shop around Springfield MO, I guess within a few hundred mile radius?
I want to have my 76 painted and have some custom work done. I would prefer a shop that does alot of custom work and has a knack for creativity. Not quite sure what kind of paint scheme I want yet, I was thinking of upgrading but still want the vintage look. Any ideas?

Love old schoolHeart
1976 Newell 8.3 cummins allison 6spd
1977 Newell 8.3 cummins allison 6spd

Actually I like the paint job on this 88 newell in Mesa which is posted under the newell coaches for sale.
The light exterior is good to reflect the heat which can make a big difference if you boondock.
http://www.autobossrv.com/1988-newell-40...z-i1129280

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
25 ft Haulmark car hauler with Andersen Anti sway
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

I will be talking to this guy about my Newell paint if I don't do it myself.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Montoyas-...1721980952
We are about 600 miles from you. There are several shops that specialize in RV repaints.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

I like that one too Brad, very nice looking job.
I was thinking of going with brown and cream colors, the bumpers are in need of rechroming so I might just leave them off and lower the headlights similar to the 73 that just sold recently. I wouldnt want the eagle and something about the gen door doesnt look right to me. Also the rear engine door and two tail light doors would be replaced with a one piece door that would open vertically with led tail lights and the gas shocks.
I am after the classy look and tastefully done. Quality workmanship is a must.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Love old schoolHeart

Leo at all aboard america in mesa, az has a full bus paint shop and has done some really nice work. their primary purpose is doing their own charter bus's, but they do a number of high end bus paint jobs as well.

btw, no matter where you go, it is going to be VERY expensive.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I am in your area & I don't know any one within 200 miles that I would trust to paint my coach except Newell. Newell is expensive, but it would come out perfect.

If you are willing to go outside your radius I have seen custom work & paint that have been done by Xtreme Paint & Graphics that is outstanding. They do Foretravels painting and are located in Nacogdoches, TX

http://www.xtremegraphics.net/contact/

Another shop is the other way in Bremen, IN. I spoke to a guy at Newell who bought a new Newell, didn't have Newell paint it and took it to Precision Painting. His paint job looked perfect.

http://www.precisionpaintingrv.com/

Both of these places do custom work and are geared toward motorcoaches.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Newell has about the most reasonable hourly shop rates I have seen in my travels. And, workmanship quality is unmatched.

I was hoping to budget around 15k, Starjet bus painting in columbus ohio quoted me roughly 5500 to paint it the same way and 9-13k for a custom job.

Love old schoolHeart

5500 sounds really low for a quality paint job. but....i am not an expert in this area.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Tom, I was thinking the same, 5500 is low, my guess is they would sand the old and paint over top with the same colors. I have been told this works, the paint has been there for 35 years and the new will bond to the old well. I am no paint expert but it does make sense

Love old schoolHeart