You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Inverter/charger

on my 90 (freedom inverter charger) and on my 02 (prosine) i set the incoming power to 15a and ran both coaches on the 15a outlet outside my garage for years. no issues.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Thanks for all the good info. Next question, is there an adaptor to use my 50amp cord to connect to regular 110 outlet? Or how would I connect to power?

Try amazon .. this will explain the process.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVYBei5BZmw

Jimmy

Again thanks for the great info. Rookies need the veterans for guidance in all sports.

we have the FREEDOM 25 with a Remote Panel, not a Link 2000.
I can tell the Inverter by using the Remote Panel how many Amps I have coming in or want to use for Charging. Typically when I am plugged into 30 Amp Service I set the Power Share to 5 amps or even turn the Charging Off (2nd from right if it looks like the link). This allows me to use most of the systems aboard without tripping the circuit breaker at the exterior pedestal. When we have only 30 Amps we usually turn things on and off (Water Heater, etc.) as well.
Post a picture of the remote if you would like confirmation but here is a link to what ours looks like;
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgrefurl=h...=550&w=550

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

Thanks not the same remote panel I have. Mine has to be adjusted from the back of the panel so not use friendly. Must be only for monitoring. Thanks

Sounds like the xantrex remote panel. Does it have dip switches on the back? Once mine is set for normal 50A operation, as long as I turn everything off (master off), I have just plugged my 50A into a 110 15A outlet (using adapters) and she'll keep the batteries up. I don't expect it would bring up low batteries, but it will maintain them with that. Birds a real powerhogs, if you're not careful.

06 M450LXi 3 slide

I agree with arctic dude, if your batteries are charged then the charger should just float and pull enough amps to keep them full. All this depends on what is actually being used, so be sure to unplug all wall warts, turn off all lights, etc.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Thanks guys this is the opinion I was hoping for.