You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

2004 Newell

You know the factory tests coach height by going under the railroad bridge just east of commerce. It is 13'6 clearance. If a coach doesn't make it under they know it's too tall. Lol

Roof airs do make a difference. I believe all raised roof coaches with roof airs are right at 13'6 the difference in why the new ones look taller is the awnings are mounted on the roof.

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

Edwin,

Nice to have you in the forum. We met at the factory....(I am the guy with the two Boxers). Just wanted to say welcome and hope you get your radiator situation figured out. Whatever bug is in your system may have just crept into mine. Newell pulled both my radiator and CAC. They had pumped the radiator up to 20lbs and water poured out of it. They sent both to their local shop. The CAC went for inspection and cleaning and the radiator went to be cleaned and new seals.

After one trip, I am leaking again. Not sure where or what at this point. (Could be radiator fluid or transmission fluid). No visible source of fluid...only a puddle under coach.

Again welcome to the forum!

Cheers,
bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

I am trying to remember the height of the RR bridge just north of the Newell factory, but I think is 13'6" and they run all of their coaches for all years under this bridge. I set my GPS at 13'6" and no problems. If in doubt, I suggest you call Newell and ask about that bridge.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

LOw bridges made think to re-visit this site and see if folks got any smarter...doah...guess not!

Look how many 5vers clean their roof the hard way....ouch!!!

http://11foot8.com/

1996 Coach #422 Fulltiming

That low bridge by the Newell factory is marked 13' 8". I know cause I got to it from the Baxter Springs side and would not go under it. I turned around and drove back 20 miles to the interstate. After the Newell guys took my coach under the bridge, now I am willing to do it...but I scrunch down every time I go under.

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Bill,
I had the same problem and had to first replace the side seals and after they failed I replaced the radiator. The seals rarely stay sealed once replaced....

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

Thanks guys...vertical clearance on the '04 Newell I'm looking at I now peg at 13'4". If I buy it I'll get a little more serious about getting the actual number.
FYI, this is #671, now at Panterra Coach in Holland, MI. Listed also at Newell.
Randy Vanklampenberg has two other Newells, both with higher mileage in inside storage in Holland.

Tom Gauger-Dave Snyder
'01 Monaco Exec 515 Cummins ISM
'17 Chevy Colorado Toad
Shermans Dale, PA

I have cleared 13'6" and would never attempt much less depending on the road grade and whether you are required to go up or down a little entering or exiting from under the bridge because that's where the biggest problem exists because of less space in any grade for our 45 footers. My measurements from the Sat cover top to the ground in "Travel" position is 13'2", but I don't think I would attempt any lower than the 13'4" and very slowly and air down a bit.lololol

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

Do you guys trust the measurements on bridge signs? I know that is all we got, but I wonder if they ever forget to reset signs when they resurface the road. Ditto with snow accumulation.

The bridge near Newell factory has a bunch of pot holes under it. Does the 13'8" number reflect the potholes or the road surface?!

Larry is much braver than me cause my vertical radar is set to 13' 8" and I am pretty sure I will not go under a bridge lower than that!

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

I don't trust them. I've slowed to a slow crawl on a few.

Jason 
-----------------------------
Previous owner of 2013 #1472
Previous 2003 #665 triple slide
1 wife
2 kids
Lots of stuff