You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Blinking 120 V light above driver seat
Question 

This doesn't look good to me. There are four lights above the drivers seat that light up when you plug in the coach or turn on the generator. The lower left light which is number 1 on the 120v started blinking about 2 weeks ago just once or twice a minute, every so often. Not regularly. now it's getting worse and longer intervals of blinking. Anyone have any idea what might be causing this? There is no routine and sometimes it doesn't do it for a day or two, but tonight it is getting worse. I also was at a campground 2 nights ago and plugged in and it flipped the breaker twice. Don't know if it was me or the site. I have noticed that when I put a load on the coach electrical system by turning on the dryer and heat it almost always blinks then, so it seems like something to do with the amount of power I'm pulling.

2001 Newell 45'8" Triple slide Coach #588
Series 60 DDEC Allison World 6 speed 4000
2010 Polaris Rzr-S, plated and trailered

Most likely it is just the light that is failing. VERY common. Just replaced all of mine.

http://www.zorotools.com/g/00143842/k-G4...7AodcUAAjA

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Mind did the same thing, only it was the right bottom. It didn't matter weather it was gen. or plugged in at home or campground. Then the light on the dash that tell you that you are plugged in "shore line" went out. Light hasn't blinked since. So as Steve said probably a light failing. Seems mind was the dash light. Don't plan on replacing the shore line light until I have the dash open. I know when I am plugged into the shore line from the four red lights and don't know why they have the other light in the first place. Maybe there is a good reason.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Lance when it is blinking what are your volt and amperage gauges showing?

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Forest, I will answer for me. My voltage was great at between 120-125, according to what I had it plugged into. Amps was correct also as to whatever I was pulling. Will see what Lance will say about his.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Steve, Have you thought about replacing these little neon lamps with LED? Mine have been replaced, but are starting to fade. I think that soon they will go out again. I would think an LED lamp might have longer life. Also, I would rather have blue ones since Red is normally a warning color.

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Bill can you find these lamps in 120V LED?

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

I found these
http://www.grainger.com/product/Round-In...=P2IDP2PCP

but wanted to get others opinions. Also would rather have blue.

These are 8mm which by my math is pretty close to the 5/16" mounting of the red ones.

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Good find Bill. Order some and let us know how they work out.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Thank you all so much. It appears it is just a failing light. That takes a load off, pun intended. I'm off to Moscow, IA to have HWH look at their system and it's quirkiness. I'll let you know the outcome.

2001 Newell 45'8" Triple slide Coach #588
Series 60 DDEC Allison World 6 speed 4000
2010 Polaris Rzr-S, plated and trailered