You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Golf Cart batteries

We have a Blue Sky Boost 2000. The problem COULD be that not all Charge Regulators shut down completely. Most have say a 3 Stage but with the Float Stage they still put some charge into the Batteries, to shut down completely is not common...just saying ................... still not sure. That is why I pay attention and manage the charge myself.
Good Luck! but I still watch the Meters and TRY to manage the Charge, something that I have done for the past 30 years or so living aboard our boat.

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

Steve, is that the charge controller? Do you have a monitor also? That is how I can tell there is no power going into the batteries....

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

yes there is a Digital Meter involved.
I know that I am using my House Batteries different than most others. I do not keep the Shore Charger (Heart Inverter) on either. I watch the Batteries and when they show about 40-50% Discharge then I Charge them, this way they are always being exercised.
Everything that I know about Deep Cycle Batteries is that they will last longer if used in this manner with discharging and then charging...and not overcharging.
Hey, I say that if whatever you are doing has been working for you continue. I have dealing with House and Engine Batteries for 40+ years on Boats 25+ years living aboard, old habits are hard to break.

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

OK, here I go again. Last night I ran the inverter on the golf cart batteries for 13 hours and watched RV with stereo and lights for 3 of those hours. I used 30% of my battery capacity. It must be obvious that I am pleased with this setup.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica