You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Changing bulb in tube light

Many of the 2000 vintage coach have tube lights on either side of the sink. I have never really thought about how to change the bulb, but today it became clear to me how to access the bulbs on the top and bottom of the tube.

(For many of you this is completely obvious, but incase you are technically challenged like me read on)

It turns out to be pretty simple. Just grasp the tube firmly and try to slide it UP. Mine were siliconed in at the top to secure...but if you twist the tube, you should be able to break the bond.

Once you can slide the tube up, you can then lift out the bottom end. This will give you access to the top and bottom halogen light pucks.

Re-installing goes in the reverse order. A little dab of silicone will hold the tube from bouncing and falling out.

Cheers,
bill
ps. The bottom trim piece was siliconed to the back wall and will slide out if you pull hard enough. (see pics).

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Nice Bill! I converted all to led except those and the wall sconces in the front. Didn't think that bottom piece would come out so easily. I'll have to try it.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337