You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

gear indicator

Woops , I meant the web site is up and running I contacted Stone Bennett and they are going to get one of their suppliers who sell the parts to contact me , T H Anderson pump company.
Its actually possible that led is not faulty but one of the components in the small circuit board is haywire !

Don & Linda
1987 Newell Classic 40 foot tag axle, silver 92 Turbo Ddec1
Coach #146

I was at Newell this week and talked to the tech that rebuilds the air shifters since mine is back to displaying only 1 segment of the R when in reverse. He said that there is a metal plate that is a part of the shifter body that sends signals to the control box when pins in the air shift press on it based on what gear has been selected. As the pins and metal plate wear, that can cause the issue we have. Contamination inside the shifter can also cause it to not send the proper signal. Mine was rebuilt a year or two ago by Newell because it would take multiple pushes on the switch to get it to shift gears at all. After the rebuilt the one touch of the switch activating the shifter returned and it displayed the full R. The shift activation still works great after it was rebuilt but I no longer have the full R so I doubt that it is debris in the unit itself. To repair it, the air shifter has to be removed from the transmission and completely disassembled. Not an inexpensive task if someone else is doing it. Tommy Key indicated that it could take a full day of labor to repair it.

Check to see if it is turning on your backup lights when you shift into reverse. If not, I am pretty sure that you have the same issue plaguing you. I had already added a wire from the docking lights to the backup light relay to trigger the backup lights any time the docking lights were on so I already had a work around for not having the backup lights come on automatically when I shift into reverse.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com