You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Shore power during storm

Bill, I know that on this trip it is not convenient but the folks we met at Newell that had stator issues with their generator are having it rebuilt by Emergency Power Systems in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Well this thread came along at the right time, but I was not smart enough to listen to Russ.

Last night a thunderstorm rolled through Memphis (I am camped on the river). I stayed plugged in during storm. This morning, no power. I checked the pedestal and had power there. I removed the Surge Guard protector that I had on my cord. Still no power. So I opened the box on my transfer switch. Both contractors are up. When I pressed down the shore power contractor, I had power.

I called Newell support and they say that the controller board is bad. (I just replaced transfer switch about six months ago).

Ok, gang...any thoughts? Is there something else that I am missing?

Right now my plan is to use my toothpick to hold down generator contractor while traveling....have the part sent home and change it out when I get back.

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Michael, that's the name of the place that Creslie gave me for fixing the stator too. I hope this fall to get the coach to Tulsa to have the work done.

B

2003 Ford F250 SD
2001 Honda Civic
2005 Chrysler Crossfire Roadster LT