You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Fan over washer/dryer not working

The switch in bathroom and above microwave when switched causes red light above kitchen switch to light red....but the fan does nothing and no sound...if manually raised with knob it works....
the one over the pantry works by switch...
I have tried the knob shaft in various lock/unlock positions...but no luck....
Ideas?

1996 Coach #422 Fulltiming

Check the fuse for that fan. But I guess if the light works it would not be fuse. Could be motor that raises fan, or loose wire.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

If I am not mistaken, there is a switch on those fans (I have a different fan) to prevent the fan from running if the cover is closed. If the motor that raises the cover is not functional, the switch would not allow the fan to come on. That would be consistent with your observation that if manually raised the fan works but does not work from the switch.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

there is a push button type spring loaded switch that gets pushed in when the motor pulls the dome all the way down. if you can open the dome manually, then the switch opens up and turns the fan on. michael, it seems like that spring loaded switch is working if it turns on when the fan is raised manually? i would think either the motor is shot or the connection to the motor came loose. there is power there because the red light is on and the motor spins if turned out manually.

i would take the trim off of the bottom of the fan and perhaps the 3 screws holding the motor up and see if they are all connected.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Jeff
Call fantastic I had the both fans check and rain sensor and other parts installed at a fmca rally 4 years ago. I think they may have been a short in the ceiling to one of the fans but it still work from the other switch but the red light did not work. I am sorry I don't remember more but they might have replace a lot of new parts in both fans at the rally. They are a real good company that usually furnish any parts for no charge.

1996 #422 and 2004 #689 with YELLOW Goldwing, BMW K1200S, RZR, Dodge Truck

Great ideas as usual, I will take down the bottom cover and get a look see...based on what I find I will probably reach out to Fantastic...
Will update this thread.
THANKS GURUS!

1996 Coach #422 Fulltiming

Does the cover have a motor to lift it?
One of mine quit opening and closing and I found it was the plastic cover was cracked that held the motor in place. Tom repaired the mounting tabs with Plast-Aid so that it holds the motor properly and it works great now.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Also, that motor is a spline fit into the lifter mechanism. If the splines wallow out the motor won't lift the cover.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )