You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Where's the Washer & Dryer?

Hi all,

I downloaded the current Newell Brochure and on page 8 it shows a floorplan and a good one. The only problem is there is no washer & Dryer in the coach. It's hard to believe someone would buy a coach today without them.

I understand you can put them into a closet, it just seems strange that a floorplan would be shown without them, or is it just me?

Harry

It's probably just a generic floor plan since it lists the 1/2 bath as optional.
The bath and half usually have the washer/dryer in a closet in the rear bathroom. My mid bath has it across from the pantry.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Most race team and NASCAR coaches do not have washer/dryers

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

my coach does not. darlene seems to think i am going to put one in though....

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Take a look at the 'standard' floor plans http://www.newellcoach.com/features/floorplan-choices/ for a better idea of what is typically produced. 10 choices, excluding the two corporate coaches and all but 1 show a washer/dryer. Of course, it you don't see what you like, Newell will be happy to sit down and design a custom floor plan that meets your needs with either minor or major changes. Some Newell owners would prefer more closet storage and forgo the washer/dryer but I think that Newell's floor plans agree with your assessment that today, most buyers prefer to have the washer/dryer. For those who want both, Newell will install a 120 volt combo unit that is much slower but only requires half the space of the stacked 240 volt washer/dryer. Same is true of a desk. 8 of the 10 'standard' floor plans have desks but for those who prefer twin couches, Newell has you covered.

Add in the Murphy bed option or the Murphy bed/home theater option which can be added to most of the 10 floor plans and you should have a good starting point for getting a Newell that fits your needs. Since there is such a wide selection of floor plans and since most new buyers have a significant amount of customization made, makes it almost impossible to determine what a specific used coach may or may not have.

In looking through my files, I find a no slide 1992 Newell (#307) that was equipped with two overhead bunk beds in the front over the couches, 2 more overhead bunks in the bedroom and a center bath that has a separate shower and TWO half baths with a lavatory and toilet in each, likely the first Newell with a bath and a half. Back in 1996, coach #423 was likely the first Newell with a rear bath and a center half bath. A 2002 model, #624 was built with 2 full baths including 2 showers. These examples are on coaches that are 13-23 years old now!!

My 1992 has a combo washer/dryer built into the top of the large closet in the mid-bath. Even some of the coaches without a washer/dryer were built with the electrical and plumbing already installed to make it an easy conversion to add the washer/dryer.

The detective work begins!! Enjoy your search!

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Thanks guys,

Hey Fulltiming, Thanks for the floor plan's. Do you have any idea what years would reasonably be included in these plans?

Thanks,

Harry

Harry, If you go to the Newell site (newellcoach.com), you can see current listings of the used coaches that they have for sale. Included in almost all of those is a floorplan image. That will give you an idea of what floorpans were common for different vintages. (At least for the last 10 years or so)

ps. Welcome aboard!

Cheers,
bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Harry, the floorplans on Newell's site are specifically for the 2020P models. However, most of these floorplans were available on the P2000i's (beginning with either 775 or 776 in 2006) and even the 2000i models (beginning with #722 in 2005) with minor variations. The 1st coach I am aware of with the center island bed floorplan is #703, a 2004 model 2000. The 2000i and P2000i are listed as having standard dimensions that include 90 inches of interior headroom, while the 2020P lists 89 inches of interior headroom so raised roof is typically relevant for pre-2005 Newells.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Foodsman, this forum may be of more assistance it they had some idea or range of what you are planning to spend. A few examples: if you are willing to spend upwards of $600,000 and want a warranty, the Newell factory is worth a look, if your budget is in the $200,000 range, firms similar to Motorhomes of Texas RV Trader may fill your requirements, and if you looking for a classic or a fixer upper, forum members may help as well as eBay. I hope I am not stepping out of line with these comments. Just trying to help you save some time.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

I have a washer/dryer in my 1982 Newell, and I know many, if not most Newells of all vintages have them.

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com