You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

AquaHot Service

The nearest "official' AquaHot service facility to my home base in Harrisburg, PA is 144 miles away in Grasonville, MD. The next closest is in a Pittsburgh suburb.
Does anyone know of a good AquaHot dude in central PA or perhaps northern MD? He or she wouldn't necessarily be 'certified,' just good at what they do.
The best one I use in Florida is at Eagle's Pride, a part of Great Outdoor in Titusville.
Thanks gang!

Tom Gauger-Dave Snyder
'01 Monaco Exec 515 Cummins ISM
'17 Chevy Colorado Toad
Shermans Dale, PA

Tom I think Rudy (Trainer on the forum) was headed to Indiana after our rally. Don't know if he is still up there but I'll pm you his phone #. I would highly recommend him on any Aquahot repair.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Ditto on Rudy!

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Rudy, called me yesterday and will arrive in Nacogdoches Sunday morning and will be staying overnight with us. Tomgauger I don't know what your problem is, but Rudy is really good at helping people on the phone. He will more than likely contact you because he looks at the forum often.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Tom,

I am in a no phone area in north Louisiana for two days. PM me your phone and I will call you when I am back in civilization again.

If you can do without your burner for a few days, I can help you send the burner and control box to Roger Berke for a through going over and service. You would want to replace the fuel filter and clean the combustion chamber using a long handled wire brush. But Roger would do the crucial part of servicing the burner and checking it out

There is a flat fee of $200 plus parts including shipping. Roger will send a UPS label so you would be able to ship it easily.

I can describe the combustion chamber cleaning part which is also easy for you to do. A 10 mm socket is needed to loosen and then tighten the J-bolts that hold the burner in place. Again, I can describe how you would remove the burner. I can even describe the Annual Service process or you could contact Chester Stone for a DVD of my Annual Service Demonstration he made of the seminar at the Table Rock Lake rally.

You are most welcome to plan a trip to the Houston area and I will fix you up personally. We would have a great visit.

If you have someone else service it, you and he might call me for directions as I can share all the steps so nothing is missed due to lack of experience performing this task. You would want to be a part of this call so you can monitor his efforts ensuring nothing is skipped. I see skipped stuff by shops all the time.

Some where is all of this there ought to be a way to get you done. All the best.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

Tom,

I am happy to see you have been on the Aqua Hot forum talking to Roger and he has shared the way to send the burner to him for repair.

You stated you wanted someone to do the "dirty work" (don't blame you there). I would assist him on the phone on what to do to remove and replace the burner and clean the combustion chamber if you wish. I will be back in phone service starting July 18th.

Roger's check out and repair of the burner is top notch and very thorough. You will be most pleased with the result.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

You may want to call Hoffman Coach Roof air's do have their upside.

http://www.hoffmancoach.com/
10455 U.S. 6, Clarendon, PA
(814) 723-4550

They were a converter years ago. I have never used them but I understand they have a good reputation. Not sure where they are located in regards to you.

Doug and Melanie Matz
2015 45 Bunk Coach 1517
Toad Ford Flex

Thanks to everyone who responded, especially Rudy.
I should have explained that Roger Berke is on the case with this. I'm trying to run down all fairly easy repairs before getting into the dirty stuff.
I'm good with electrical/electronic stuff but lost when dealing with wrenches, fuel lines and bolts that have specific torques to observe.
So, I'll replace the filter and have the nozzle replaced along with electrodes.
If that doesn't light off the burner than it'll have to wait until I get to Florida.

Tom Gauger-Dave Snyder
'01 Monaco Exec 515 Cummins ISM
'17 Chevy Colorado Toad
Shermans Dale, PA