You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Looking for way to dump air bags w/ no engine power 'Resolved'

is there a way to dump the air bags manual...the hwh panel with key in run position will not light or do anything

Thanks

1996 Coach #422 Fulltiming

The first question is do you have battery power. In my coach, there are three fuses in the fuse panel located in the kick panel in front of the passenger seat and one or more may be blown.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

check power to HWH panel.
If you really need to dump the air bags, you can jump 12v power to the six pack solenoids. Yes, you can take the air lines loose from the sixpack but you would have to be under the front of the coach to do that, and it would pancake you.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Engine batteries are dead, I was parked two weeks and didn't have merge switch on...
With merge on overnight still with key in run...my gauges won't cycle and lights that normally cycle on/off don't....

I will turn off merge and try to charge one engine battery with 120v external charger...will see if battery will take any charge

we had jeff check the starting batteries and they were down to 6 volts.

they are agm's

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Charging one engine battery now and yes I disconnected it from the other battery.
Thanks...
Hey Richard don't give my wife any ideas! With The issues we are having ...her love of Newell is low currently...

I think everyone goes through the period of disenchantment while they learn the does and don'tz . It doesn't last forever.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Resolved, merge switch was off while parked and engine batteries were drained by few things pulling power.
Slowly charged both batteries separately, per battery mfg with 110v portable charger...when they got back to 12v, I reconnected them and put merge switch in on position...I left it in that state until I had batteries back up to full charge.
I turned off merge switch and the coach started easily.
Issue resolved, like many things on the coach...regularly checking the many systems is advised. Plus keep your merge switch on while parked, or have another method of keeping charge going to engine batteries to maintain them if parked for a period of time.