You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

How many coaches the other guys build?

Jimmy you may be thinking of the latter days of country coach. They converted prevost a for years but right before the crash they built on their own chassis a Newell like coach. I think they were less than a handful actually constructed. If my memory chips weren't corrupted I could feel you what they called them

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

As I become more mature, my memory chips are loosing the 1's n 0's also.. I knew There was some connection... Thanks!

Jimmy

Harry, I found an article that is about 9 years old in Business Week that indicated that quotes Karl Blade saying that only about 325 $1 million + coaches a year are bought by private individuals with a smaller number leased or purchased by touring entertainers, NASCAR drivers, and others. They indicated that the million-dollar-plus market is dominated by Newell and approximately 20 conversion companies using Prevost shells.

http://www.businessweek.com/stories/2005...-on-wheels

That at least gives you a size of the market at its peak. Of course since then the economy took a dirt nap, demand for RVs dropped off and a number of those conversion companies disappeared.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

I remember seeing a Newell news letter a while back I think maybe 2011 or 2012 that stated they had made more coaches than the closest 4 Prevost converters combined. I think Newell's production was +/-24 coaches for the year.

the 8v92 and 6v92 engines have been around for alot longer than the series 60. i love my series 60 but i loved the sound of and the power of my 8v92 as well.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Thanks guys and Michael, that was an interesting article, thanks for passing it along. Harry

Jimmy

The country coach I was thinking about was rhapsody. 625 cat steerable tag all the bells and whistles.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

http://rvsandcoaches.com/rides-on-prevos...formation/

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Another good article Michael... BTW when the article said Silver Eagle is that American Eagle or is there another Eagle flying around out there?

(07-23-2014, 04:08 PM)Richard Wrote:  Jimmy

The country coach I was thinking about was rhapsody. 625 cat steerable tag all the bells and whistles.

Yep! That must've been it. They were nice, but pricey at the time.

Jimmy