You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

A town named in our coaches' honor!?

Hi Folks!
Debbie and I were driving from Bismarck N.D. south on Hwy. 212 in South Dakota just above Sturgis, SD, trying to beat all the craziness that will occur there in a couple weeks, when we came to this little town, population 675! As they used to say on the Old TV show, Hee Haw, YaaaHooo!
Had to stop and block some traffic to take a picture for everyone to see our beautiful coaches' actually have a town named after them! Smile

Russ Davis
Coach #428
'03 GMC Sierra

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Russ & Debbie Davis
Coach #428
1996 38' Non-Slide
2015 Jeep Wrangler 4 door
Yellow Lab-Emmy Lou
Full Time Rv'ers

You know last year for our mini rally I sent a message to the mayor at the encouragement of the woman who wAs director of the Sturgis chamber of commerce asking if he would declare it Newell Guru day while we were all there. The guy never responded. Little known fact that Newell, SD has previously declared itself the Sheep capital of the nation....insert your own joke here.

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

Sheep capital, wow... Sounds to me you should have tried to "ram" it through! Tongue

Sheep capital, wow... Sound to me you should have tried to "ram" it through! Tongue