You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Resolved Front house A/C not working and 100+ temp

Here's a picture of the compressor tag on my front one that I had Newell replace. You should be able to find it using that number. I think I found one at Johnstone but had Newell do it. My local a/c guy quoted a price (over the phone) that was higher than Newell.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

https://acpartsdistributors.com/index.ph...s_id=54535

this is the one that forest showed

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

does anyone know how much r22 there is in a unit when you replace the compressor and start it up?

tom

Tom I will look tonite. It's on the unit.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Jeff has it going his way, got rear out last night.

Jimmy

Jimmy was/is big help! How cool is it to live 100' from another Guru...let me tell you 'GREAT' !
His expertise and confidence to work on anything was inspiring...we plan on keeping our coach for some time, so I will be looking at a total 'refresh' on this rear dual unit. I will be taking images of the bay and plenum...if you have a 10+ year old coach (18yr old for us) you will be very surprised about the potential need to pull a unit and clean both coils sets and do an overall health check.

We are thinking about adding a roof air or two, Steve makes a great case for that going forward...but timing/resources available now, has us planning the rear unit refresh and will make a call on front unit after rear is working at 100%.

Thanks to all that have added input and support.

1996 Coach #422 Fulltiming

jeff, is the front unit working now or not?

tom

Front unit is not working. It stopped 1st...

Decided to divide and conquer when rear unit went down too...getting it 100% makes coach livable and rear unit viable long term...plus design of front unit's coils facing front of coach to catch all generator and road grime not best practice...I am considering Steve's idea of putting 1-2 roof airs toward front half of coach at Newell south in W. Monroe...later in year...that is if Steve will have us...Lol

1996 Coach #422 Fulltiming

Jeff, I now have 4 roof airs and have had trouble with two. Mine are ducted and are still noisy. I and wife, after having both types still prefer the basement airs. I would consider keeping the basement units going and you do have spares. I think the basement airs are the way to go. The slides are what make the roof airs necessary. Maybe some others will give their opinions. Hope you get it working.[/code]

1996 #422 and 2004 #689 with YELLOW Goldwing, BMW K1200S, RZR, Dodge Truck

Ron I respectfully disagree, loss of storage bays difficulty of service and issues with boards. I agree roof airs are noisier but ease of maintanace replacement and reliability I like the roof airsSmile and we both have owned 422.. Lol

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701