You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Don’t be a ghoul, Help Me Find A Newell

Sorry for not giving better instructions on how to use the site qualifier :-( I personally have a separate email address that I use only for Craigslist ads, you would not believe how much spam I get!

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad

Chappell, What did you think about the '07?

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Bill, the coach is a nice coach inside. But it is a Pennsylvania coach and I think it has been in salt. But the price is several hundred thousand lower than what an 07 sells for. So we have money to spend, first is a complete paint job. It has a body corrosion. 30,000 to 35,000 would do that. I did not look under the coach, so that I don't know. It has is a rear bath only and has a murphy bed which is OK with me. Without a 1/2 bath, it has a lot of storage. It is front entry. Very clean inside. Carpet is excellent and all else. It has a glass dash. So what I will say is for the price not a bad deal. I did not look in the bays.

Nothing I saw would be a deal spoiler. And it might have never been in salt. When one sees a northern coach it is the first thing that comes to mind. A good painter might be able to touch up the area of corrosion. One has a lot of money to play with here. This coach fairly low mileage with about 10,000 a year. If I was wanting a 07, this one I would certainly consider.
Newell has a 07 for 799,000.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

I'm often amazed how someone can own a coach that started off at a millian plus and not take care of it. Maybe its just me but I would even take care of something I paid $500,000.00 for. OK, shame on me but I take care of things I pay 5 bucks for.

Look I don't want to get anyone mad but Pennsylvania or Transylvania, salt or pepper. How do you have a 2007 coach and allow it to have corrosion issues? I've lived in heavy road salt parts of the nation but each place has a new feature called "water". Some people even have it so it runs right into their house!

I'm sorry but take care of your stuff especially if its spelt "Newell"... Is that so wrong?

Just my thoughts,

Harry

Harry, having live in the midwest, including Penn, the problem is salt that creeps into the undercarriage that you cannot always get to with water. Easier said than done.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

Ah, that I did not know, thanks Chester! I guess I'm thinking about comments I've seen here on the forum where coaches were obviously not taken care of.