You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Don’t be a ghoul, Help Me Find A Newell

Thanks Jeff, How are your problems going? Still think long and hard before you go to the roof airs. Remember the basement air ran a long time before anything major other than the boards. I feel really strong about the basement air are better than roof airs. I have had 2 coaches with basement airs and 3 coaches with roof airs. Think how long residential units last in homes. You also have spares that Steve say are good. Lets us know what going on with the airs. Also what about the batteries? What about the Leveling? Any other problems? Probably the worst thing that happen is owning two coaches at the same time. Neither coach get the proper attention and you forget what going on between the two coaches. Richard is probably the only one that could handle 2 at a time. Any time a coach is not use it seem that things happen more from not being operated than being used. I have spent more on my 04 in one year than spent on the 96 in 10 years on up keep. This is not counting up grades that were made on both coaches.

1996 #422 and 2004 #689 with YELLOW Goldwing, BMW K1200S, RZR, Dodge Truck

In my opinion, I would list Motorhomes Of Texas as a dealer that knows Newells well, sells more Newells than anyone else other than the factory, and I would not hesitate to purchase another motorhome through them. If I was looking for a Newell of an age and price not handled by the factory, I would go there first. Since most are on consignment, negotiations are possible.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

No, Richard couldn't handle two at one time. That's why 390 went to a good owner ASAP. Disuse is the enemy of any coach.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

A good way to search Craigslist is by using the site qualifier in your search engine.

newell site:craigslist.org/rvs will return all matches for 'newell' in RVs by owner

newell site:craigslist.org/rvd will return all matches for 'newell' in RVs by dealer

newell site:craigslist.org/rva sometimes returns both owners and dealers

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad

Hi Jon,

I tried all three of the websites and they all return "There is nothing here No web page for this address 404 Error".

Harry

All worked for me thanks....

Jimmy

Gives me a Google listing of a bunch of Newells. Many of them have been removed by the owners and some are obviously fraudulent but it works for me.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

if the coach is a consignment sale from motorhomes of texas, is it officially a private party sale then?

one of the reasons i insisted on a private party sale was then there is no sales tax in az. it is a funky law, but true. makes a pretty big price hit to add sales tax. license plates are bad enough here let alone add in sales tax.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Tom, I paid $35 in AZ for my classic... Classics Rule! ..at least as for as taxes Go!

Jimmy

I don't know whats wrong? The links don't work on the Mac with 2 different browsers or the PC. Strange!

Hey Michael, how do you know when a Newell listing is "obviously fraudulent" and why would someone make a froadulent posting?

Harry