You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

dump air clyinder

I need a little help in rebuilding the dump air cylinder. As you can see in photo one I have it apart and I can see another snap ring at the bottom. The black plastic part must come off somehow so I can get to the two other 2. How does this bottom plastic part come off? I looks like it might be screwed on but when I turn it the part inside turns also. Once I get this off I'm home free. All help appreciated.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Take the snap ring off and pull it apart

Jimmy

Jimmy, I'm sure the bottom is the same as the top was and I need to get the black plastic bottom off to get to the snap rings. The snap ring in photo 2 is 6" down into the cylinder. It has two snap rings like the top but I have got get the bottom off first. That is my question how does the bottom part come off?

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

So that means that their are o-rings which allows it to rotate in the cylinder. Remove the snap-ring and pull it out from the cylinder, then you should see how to further disassemble.. Yes/No?

Jimmy

No. Jimmy there are two snap rings at the top, which in photo 1 you can see on the bench. And there are two just like it at the bottom which I've not been able to get to because of the base. I can't seem to get the black base off.

How it cylinder works is there is an O ring in the middle of the rod as you can see on the bench. And there is an O ring at each end of the cylinder. The O rings at each end of the cylinder is held in place by a 2 snap ring making two air chambers, one to open the dump and one to close the dump. Therefore there are 4 snap rings and 3 wheels that hold the O rings. I can get the two top snap rings out and the wheel that holds the O ring. I also pulled the main rod out. All laying on the bench. I need to get the bottom one out which is just like the top and have not figured out how to get to them.

Tom has done this and I need to talk to him.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Ok I see it better now... see any roll pin holes? hard to work from the photos.. :~) Toms into dirt I suspect

Jimmy

i talked to chappell and the issue is it was several years ago i did it and i dont remember. no surprise to darlene i am sure.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

i just looked at my pictures and i had some of what was inside the plastic valve body with my inspection camera but nothing of rebuilding the cylinder.

sorry

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Join the club... It looks like you could take a long pick and remove the o-ring, but by the pits on the actuator shaft it will probably leak air.. ..My guess...

Jimmy

Chappell... what's under the o-ring on in the black housing end around the cylinder?

Jimmy