You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

home rv dump

hi guys,

my new shop will have its own 1000 gallon septic tank. the sewer main coming out of the shop is 3" that will go to the septic. i am putting a separate line to the tank that is for the rv pad that will be next to the shop.

a couple of questions for you.

1. are the in ground sewer connections at rv parks 3" or 4"?

2. is there any need for a separate vent for the rv dump to allow the waste to flow? i know when i stayed at steve B's he just has a regular cleanout for the sewer on his rv pad next to his house.

the connection will be only about 20' from the septic tank.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

"a separate line to the tank that is for the rv pad"
What? Singular line/pad? I don't like the sound of that...no Sir!
I was thinking a minimum of 3...with a 1,000 gal septic Lol

Depends on Septic setup if you need vent...ask your septic installer...

1996 Coach #422 Fulltiming

Tom, The pipe can be either 3" or 4". I have seen both. The hose on our coaches is 3". The holding tank vent should be enough to allow plenty of flow. A vent has to be before the flow not afterwards.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Tom I've ran into 3, 3.5 and 4" pipes and some stab in's I have an adapter that fits whatever. Twin Fountains use 4" ..
I think the sewer vents thru the coach vent when dumping... I do remember staying at a park that had septic tanks and they had tall vents spread around.. when someone dumped we all got to enjoy it.....

Jimmy

The sewer hose on the coach is 3" isn't it

Tom

hose is 3", some rv parks have 3" others have 4".
For the vent I would think your septic tank should have a vent so when the 150 gallons of waste hits it the air has somewhere to go. Your coach tank has a vent so it can suck in fresh air as the waste is dumping.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Mine has a 4" pipe to the septic tank with no special venting. No problems in 18 years.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Three inch is better

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

there is enough width in the spot where the rv pad is going to be for a second coach i think. and can always T off of the septic rv drain. wont really know till things get put in for the septic tank. i will ask the septic tank guy about the need for a separate vent. if the rv dump can go into the septic tank separately, then the venting from the shop will probably provide a place for air to escape. i looked online and it does appear that most septic tanks have 2-3 spots to connect piping into on the entrance side of the tank.

tom

At my house in AZ I had a vent at the end of my leach field... Way away from the house..

Jimmy