You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

nice looking 74 in yuma az

Took the smile off the end of the link and it works https://lasvegas.craigslist.org/rvs/4656911004.html

Jimmy

This would be a tough choice, nice coach - at least superficially, but in need of a paint job that would cost more than the purchase price, plus perhaps tires. Still, the classic panache is incredibly endearing.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed

I've got no idea what a decent paint job might cost -- wild guess would be perhaps $15-20k?? Am I in the right ballpark? Probably not a job for the local Earl Sheib paint shop..

in the ball park. can be higher

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Rick,

Xtreme Paint and Graphics, one of three Prevost approved painters in USA, located in Nacogdoches, Texas, will paint it to your design for around that price, $18,500+.

James Stallings uses Basf Glazrit German made $500+ per gallon paint system. This is the paint used by Mercedes.

Check out his website or call him.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

Paint jobs can be alot less, depending on how fancy you want to get, of course. Starjet quoted me 5500 to paint my 76 original any fancy stuff it goes up from there. Not sure what kind of work they do.

Love old schoolHeart
1976 Newell 8.3 cummins allison 6spd
1977 Newell 8.3 cummins allison 6spd

My 77 coach (very similar to this one in terms of paint) had the stripes repainted (actually painted over) which would probably cost far less than a whole new paint job. But, one of the problems with the remaining anodized siding is that the surface is a bit porous and tends to collect streaks and dirt that my fully painted 93 coach doesn't.

Best way to know is to call the folks noted above or find a clean high end heavy duty truck body shop to give a look-see. There is one in my area that I would trust to do a good job and a whole bunch I wouldn't let near the thing.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed

I think one of the reasons it was cheaper to do it original was they will sand the existing paint, and repaint it. Once you start changing where stripes are etc its more work to feather out the old ones. I was told if the old paint is not peeling etc it only needs sanding and recoat. If you totally remove the original paint it is alot more work.

Love old schoolHeart
1976 Newell 8.3 cummins allison 6spd
1977 Newell 8.3 cummins allison 6spd

Rick,

If you choose Xtreme, James will put the coach in the computer and work with you to design the paint. Once design is approved, a paint panel of the colors is presented. Once you look at that in the sunlight and sign it, the project is on.

If you live in the coach, a free apartment is available for the month it takes to do the job.

Everything on the outside of the coach comes off, awnings, mirrors, handles, lights, windows (except windshield) and caulk. The body work is done and prepping for primer is next. Then the caulk is applied just before priming. Next is color followed by double clearing. It is important to James to use a paint, Glazrit, that does not need to be sanded and buffed to finish the job. The long lasting (10+ years) super shine is preserved by the chemicals that come to the surface as the new paint cures in the paint booth. Sanding and?or buffing removes those protections but it will be shiny just not as long lasting.

The exterior components are reinstalled. The windows (new dual pane if you choose) are put back in using D-seal that will not collect dirt. Lastly, the wheels will be polished as dingy wheels and new super shiny paint do not go together.

Xtreme is a awning shop so awnings can be serviced, new fabric, new anodized covers or replaced. Plus your exterior lights can be converted to all LED and headlights converted to anything you like, projector beam, HID, LED and new LED docking lights too.

If you get carried away, a new TV can be put behind a door in the curb side of the coach saving basement space. They do this to new Outlaw Prevost shells for which they fab the roof awning fairings and then paint all the time.

It is only time and money to get anything your heart desires.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area