You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

when parked do you put the coach up on anything?

i know steve b puts his coach on pieces of wood to separate the tires from the concrete. do any of you use anything other than wood?

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Tom I don't use anything. I have parked all my coaches on concrete for years and never had a problem. I do however drive them every 30 days.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

I don't used anything either. Just don't let it sit for a very long time in one place or you will get flat spots on the tires.

2002 Newell Coach 621. The harder I work, the luckier I get.

My slab is wrapped and it has always been dry regardless of the time of year. Even if I don't have a trip planned I drive it at least 25 miles each month. If I was NOT going to move the coach for several months I would put it on wood.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

small 9 x 12 plastic 3/8" thick cutting boards. one for each wheel and only when stationary for a few months which is once a year.

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

I have parked at least three motorhomes on the same concrete slab for months at a time with no flat spots or damage to the tires.
My Newell sat in the same spot for seven months. I run both engines about every two weeks.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

I seem to be parking on dirt a lot lately, so not sure what to do.

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com