You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Compressor Connection?

I know I am asking lot of questions and help, we are in Montana now for over 3 months , we spend some time in Saint Regis then Red Lodge and now month in Ennis right by Madison river ( Worlds fly fishing capitol )
I want to use my air compresor from time to time to clean, blow some dusts here and there and I have the hose but not sure what nozzle is the right one? there is one bellow the filter and one below the big electric box ( I have two of them ) in the engine bay.
I have attached two images to show

Best regards,
Les Korcala

Newell 2001 2 slides #582        

Les & Cheryl Korcala

Fulltime on the road hub base in Montana

Newell 2001 2 slide #582
security system 2 Rhodesians Ridgebacks (Basha & M'Kala)
Nissan Exterra 2007
Co-Motion "Robusta" tandem
Trek "madone" road bikes
Trek 5.8 MTb

I have coach #579 and have the same question. I know that the one near the fuel filter is a booster that increases air pressure sufficient to air the tires, but I do not know what the other one near the electric panel is for.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

The one in photo #1 is hooked to your pressure booster & I use it to fill my tires. The one in photo #2 is "shop air" & I use it to blow stuff off or I use it when I want to air up the coach without starting it by hooking up to my shop compressor.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

that air doubler by smc is one cool device. i bought one for my 90 as well that i kept loose. they are quite expensive though at over $200.

cant live without it for filling those high pressure tires.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Thank you all, will try both of them and see what I get out of them.

Les

Les & Cheryl Korcala

Newell 2001 2 slide #582
Nissan Exterra 2007
Trek "madone" road bikes
Trek 5.8 MTb

After I saw Tom's air doubler I got one on Ebay and love it.....could not put air in my coach tires without it. My air doubler increases my air pressure from 120 at the fitting to 240 psi. It's just a mechanical device, and it is very cool how it increases the air pressure so quickly.

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

I only have the one fitting shown in Les' second photo. It is system air pressure so it is general purpose. Unless you are trying to inflate tires, there is no advantage to using the one coming out of the SMC doubler. I hook my SMC unit to that fitting to inflate my tires.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Looks like mine has SMC doubler unit as well, works very well on tires.
I do have qestion , could any those two fittings can be use with air power tools?

It would be so nice to be able to use few hand handle air power tools.

Les & Cheryl Korcala

Newell 2001 2 slide #582
Nissan Exterra 2007
Trek "madone" road bikes
Trek 5.8 MTb

hi les,

i would only use the one that is not using the air doubler for air tools.

the air doubler has a piston in it and i am not sure you would have sufficient CFM to power any tools. air tools take a lot of air.

if the coach engine is not running, the little 110v compressors are pretty low cfm, so not meant to power garage type air tools. they are meant to power small dental tools.

but there is a fair amount of air in all the tanks. so you might just have to try and see if they work. i suspect you would have to be running the engine if you used an air tool very long. ones like sanders take a whole lot of dfm at a fairly high pressure.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

(12-22-2012, 09:03 PM)encantotom Wrote:  hi les,

i would only use the one that is not using the air doubler for air tools.

the air doubler has a piston in it and i am not sure you would have sufficient CFM to power any tools. air tools take a lot of air.

if the coach engine is not running, the little 110v compressors are pretty low cfm, so not meant to power garage type air tools. they are meant to power small dental tools.

but there is a fair amount of air in all the tanks. so you might just have to try and see if they work. i suspect you would have to be running the engine if you used an air tool very long. ones like sanders take a whole lot of dfm at a fairly high pressure.

tom

Tom,
Great , I was just thinking about having sufficent CMF to move so much air & that was ? just idea and came to me , if i can get free air than why not , using engine for some emergancy rapair might still be worth it.
While on the road for few yeats would be nice to have handy tool set for some projects etc..

Les & Cheryl Korcala

Newell 2001 2 slide #582
Nissan Exterra 2007
Trek "madone" road bikes
Trek 5.8 MTb