You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

What would you buy "NEW" for $500,000.00?

Hey Guru's

I was in a Starbucks today when the coffee girl, my brother admonished me they’re called “Barista’s” wow, sorry all to pieces... Anyway, the BARISTA said “hi Mr. something-or other, I thought you were out in your motorhome”?

So as soon as I got my coffer I zeroed in on him, mentioned I heard the girl, oops Barista, say he his a motorhome and would he mind if I joined him? From that ensued a conversation of about an hour and a half's on about everything imaginable about RVing.

SO far I have found RVer's very friendly and that is some very good news!

He told me he current owns a 43’ Forrest River Charleston and has a center bath he’s not too happy about and not too happy with the all-over quality. I remember Richard telling me that he had a motorhome and didn’t realize how noisy it was until he drove a Newell.

He said he only buys new and is looking for a 45 footer that he can buy for around $500,000.00. He’s looking at American Eagle, Entegra Cornerstone, Newmar Essex and Tiffin Zephyr.

I thought about you guys and the amount of things you know and couldn’t help but think? If you guys were buying new and your budget was a half million bucks........ What would you buy in a new coach?

Harry

harry, problem is we dont think that way here in newell land. but who knows, someone might.

for half a million i can get myself a mighty nice newell that has already depreciated a bunch. in 2 years the depreciaton loss on a used 500k newell i think would be much less than the depreciation loss on a 500k new coach.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Buy a 2006-7 newell

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

If he only buys new he is limited to a "plastic palace" for 1/2 mil. I would make the decision based on how well the manufacturer takes care of their customers. IMHO that would put Tiffin near the top of the list and any Fleetwood product near the bottom.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

I would say the Charleston which is Forrest River is tied with Fleetwood...Just My opinion.... Quality Control is the issue with many of the mass mfg. ... But Different strokes....

Jimmy

People who don't know what they don't know buy the brands you mentioned new. They get to enjoy all the fun that comes with the lower price point build quality along with the staggering depreciation when they sell or trade because the coach is showing its age.

The Newell Gurus you have been hearing from enjoy the build quality of a milion dollar coach, can in most cases drive their coach straight into the ocean and loose less money than the new SOB, have less money in the Newell (except the newer models) and will not need to trade to replace a coach showing its age.

Boy, does it cost $$$$ to have a new SOB.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

I would take the 500k and build a Newell House like Tom's, even though I don't have a home to put it behind.

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

First coach I owned was a 2000 allegro bus (Tiffin) bought in 2000 because of the company. I got from AL to Tn Friday night. Stop and level the coach. 2 hrs latter at 7pm was ready to move and the jacks would not come up. Called Tiffion got a recording to call back 8 am on Monday. Spent the night in mall parking lot with all wheels off the ground, wife worrying about sign that said NO overnight parking. This was my introduction to the fun of camping. Had the coach for one year and got towed by Good Sam 3 times. Tiffin is a good company and stood by the warranty but I really had some convincing to keep my wife in motor homing. Newell made the difference. Even with the things that have happen on this trip Newell is still the best and I would much prefer a 10 year old Newell than a new fiberglass coach.

1996 #422 and 2004 #689 with YELLOW Goldwing, BMW K1200S, RZR, Dodge Truck

Girrard awnings & paint, a spare 8V92 ready to install for our '92. The balance for fuel & space rent at resorts while traveling!

Hi guys,

I totally know what you're saying about putting the $500,000 towards a used Newell and not buying a new coach from the ones mentioned! But once I said I'd take that and buy a newer Newell and he says "I just like to buy new"! There isn't much more I could say on the subject.

I only mentioned it to you guys because I know many of you have had other coaches before you found Newell.

When I saw Richard he said he thought a 2000 to 2003 Newell would be an excellent choice for me and I told Ed that as well. His response was "for the money you pay for a used Newell I'd buy something new"!

He was a very obligeing guy but it is NEW that's important to him, he said "if it wasn't for new buyers there would be no used buyers"! You can't argue that right?

Harry